To our valued customers,
We know that some of you are not happy with the appearance of the N&W red color as portrayed on our most recent release of LEGACY J class locomotives. After allowing ample time for customer feedback both directly and through our dealer channels, we are happy to announce that we have worked out an agreement with renowned model train artist Harry Hieke to provide a repainting service to those who would like to have their stripe repainted.
Please read the details of this offer below, this pertains to the following LEGACY J locomotives: 1931340, 1931350, 1931360, and 1931370.
Thank you for your patience in this matter and continued support.
Customers who are not happy with the color of the stripe have two options:
- Return your locomotive to your dealer for a full refund. Dealers may choose to resell the locomotives themselves or Lionel will honor all returns from dealers brought in for this purpose.
- Contact Harry Hieke directly and make arrangements to have your locomotive repainted and re-lettered by him directly. You can do this via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All arrangements must be made through Harry on or before 2/29/2020. This will ensure that he can order enough materials on his own to cover all of the expected projects. Starting March 1, 2020, Lionel will no longer be taking returns or paying fees related to the color of the stripe.
- Having the stripe repainted by Harry will not impact the standard 1 year warranty on your locomotive.
- If your only concern is the stripe, do not contact Lionel directly. Please contact Harry at the number or email above. For any other mechanical, electrical or deco issues, please follow the normal Lionel warranty repair process. All other warranty services will still be covered by Lionel.
- Harry will do his best to return all locomotives promptly but neither he nor Lionel can promise a return date until the total number of units to be reworked is known. To have the stripe repaint service covered by Lionel, you must only make the initial contact with Harry on or before 2/29/2020. He may receive and complete locomotives after that date for this work. Lionel will not be responsible for the schedule of this work.
Harry is a talented artist. If you wish to have any other decoration changes made to your J locomotives such as renumbering, weathering or added details, feel free to send additional projects to him at the same time. Lionel will reimburse Harry for the repainting of the stripe and shipping of the locomotive. You are responsible for any other charges.
The Lionel Team