Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

In the true spirit of the hobby, I still haven't finished that particular unit but I have done some work on one of my UP SD70ACes. I swapped out the lobster claw for a Kadee #746 and fixed the pilot using two pieces of 1/16" Evergreen styrene cut to the shape of the steps. It's not perfect since it's just traced and cut by hand. I also used a single piece of styrene to fill the gap around the coupler. Thankfully the Scalecoat UP Harbor Mist is a pretty close match to the shade Lionel used, plus one day I'll weather the locomotive. Next step is full length hand rails. Just fixing the pilot makes a huge difference though, especially when coupled to a Lionel ES44 with the kinematic pilot.

20230526_001204

20230526_00114020230526_00110520230526_00133920230526_00191820230526_002051

Attachments

Images (6)
  • 20230526_001204
  • 20230526_001140
  • 20230526_001105
  • 20230526_001339
  • 20230526_001918
  • 20230526_002051

Add Reply

Post
OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
330-757-3020

www.ogaugerr.com
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×
×