After searching out pictures of the real UP Big Boy #4012, I confirmed that my JLC/Legacy Big Boy #4012 was missing a Turbogenerator. Lionel, for whatever reason, failed to place this important detail on the JLC (and Vision Line) Boy Boy steamers. As far back as 2000, When Lionel issued their first JLC model, it was the Union Pacific Challenger #3985 and yes, it had it's Turbogenerator. The turbogenerator is that dynomotor looking piece that sits on the back of the boiler off to the fireman's side. So after a bit of time thinking about it, I decided to order this part from Lionel. It wasn't very expensive, the postage cost more than the part. When I received it, I was relieved to discover that I didn't even have to take my Big Boy apart (JLC models are sometimes more complicated to disassemble than other models), all I had to do was place the locomotive properly on my drill press and drill the needed hole in the correct place on the boiler. I forget the size of the drill bit but for anyone else who, upon reading this post thinks they might want to do this, wait until you receive the part before drilling so you can make sure that you use the right sized drill bit. After drilling, I put a small amount of JB Weld super glue on the tip of the generator and carefully placed it in the hole. It set up in less than a minute and after completely drying, it is absolutely solid. I am so glad that I did this improvement!! I could not believe how the addition of that single piece (which should have been there to begin with to match the prototype) would make my engine look that much better. Now, all is well!!! Uh Oh, I think I am turning into a 2-rail rivet counter. LOL Let's face it, ever since the late 1990's, we 3-railers have been more and more picky about detail, many of us matching the 2-rail level of detail. We are them now, just with that third rail down the middle. Enjoy!!