So I pulled the trigger an picked up a new MTH 20-3638-1 Russian Decapod just before Christmas. (first major new purchase in many years).
Other that starting it up and running few times around the test track the day a brought it home, it has been dormant . It had what i would call gremlins right out of the box, but I figured I would wait until I had some time to investigate.
Ran it today and problems remain. The issues I am having are:
No chuff (worked for a few laps, then did not after I shut everything down and power back up) A few occasional clicks in concert with smoke puffs.
Whistle is only a blast.
Full on sound chaos with several sounds occurring simultaneously.
Top speed is about 20 MPH.
Powered on and off a few times, including track power, TIU and DCS remote. I removed the engine from the tracks, checked and reset the drawbar connection, and did a factory reset with no change.
As some background, I am relatively new to MTH engines and DCS. I am using a "new" Rev. L TIU, powered by a PW KW (fused and TVS for protection) on the test loop. 18V to track.