I know there has been a plethora of speculation about what is going on with MTH. Please view my list below and I hope this will clear up some of the confusion. I can tell you that I speak with Rich Foster on a daily basis and the facts below on true. MTH will continue in business until the foreseeable future. I can tell you that a few of the Longtime Dealers are doing a large amount of Special run items. MTH has a huge amount of tooling and their business will be sustained for now. I hope this Post will answer some of the questions that you may have.
In regards to Atlas
MTH will continue to manufacture items with the tooling that is left, which is a huge amount.
MTH has not sold off DCS.
MTH will retain their Parts Business.
MTH has moved to a new location and has not closed shop.
1 Atlas has bought a fair amount of tooling that has been discussed in an earlier Post on the Forum.
2 Atlas has not bought the rights to DCS, MTH will retain the control system and all other components.
In regards to Lionel.
- Lionel has purchased some tooling and not all of the tooling.
- Lionel has purchased some Railking Accessories, including some of the Railking Buildings. Only a small to modest amount.
- Lionel has bought a few of the Premier Steam and Diesel Engine tools, a small amount.
- Lionel has bought a few of the Bantom Railking Engine tools.
- Lionel has purchased the Tooling to the 64’ passenger cars Woodside variations.