It has taken me about 2 years to get this finished. I just didn't commit the time to this project. Building my 70 Chevelle has recently been the priority. But I had some time this past week to get this partially finished for the Christmas season. I still need to add the camp fire irons and coffee pot and the Hero boy.
This is how I did this. I bought the smallest camp fire set up I could off of the Bay, It came with the full wave rectifier. I had a MTH PS1 smoke unit laying around that came out of my PS1 Southern Pacific Daylight 4449 ERR project. I swapped out the 20 ohm smoke elements for a pair of 27 ohm Lionel elements. Reason is, I was getting way too much smoke density. I only wanted a light camp fire type of smoke effect. Next I added a series of 5 - 1N4003 diodes inline with the fan motor to slow down the fan speed, once again way too much velocity for the camp fire effect.
I don't care for cut out in the roof where the Hobo sits, So the plan is to find another roof and put it all on the newer roof. I need to defuse the smoke stream some. So when I add the rest of my little project, I'll put a defuser of some sort over the hole.
I have attached a small video of the completed project up to this point. I want to Thank GRJ for helping me figure out how to slow the fan speed and the smoke effect down.