I know this probably should be posted in the MTH forum, but know many of us have more than just MTH so am posting here to hopefully reach the largest audience..
Received the following e-mail today (Sep 22nd) from MTH:
New M.T.H. Parts Site To Go Live
September 22, 2021 - MTH Parts & Sales LLC is launching a brand new MTH Parts Website on the morning of September 23, 2021. When the site goes live, M.T.H. will again begin taking parts orders after a lengthy transition as part of the M.T.H. reorganization this past Spring on the heels of M.T.H. owner Mike Wolf's retirement and the sale of the company's long-time headquarters in Columbia, Maryland.
MTH Parts and Sales LLC is one of M.T.H.'s three new spinoffs and will promote and process all parts sales exclusively through this all-new parts site. M.T.H. Electric Trains' R&D Division will continue developing DCS and other electronic products on its own in the satellite location it has occupied in Western Michigan for the past 24 years, while M.T.H. Electric Trains will be operating alongside the parts company in the smaller Elkridge, Maryland headquarters.
The train company will continue to market and produce new model train products - including select RailKing and Premier O gauge models and occasional production of RailKing One Gauge G Scale models.
The previous "face" of M.T.H. parts, Midge Wilburn, has officially retired and is now spending some well-deserved time with her family after decades of valued service at M.T.H. Electric Trains. The new MTH Parts and Sales division has benefitted from the participation in its startup of long-time model railroad parts guru Mike Reagan who has successfully established online parts ordering sites for other model railroad manufacturers. His decades in the hobby were instrumental in refining the MTH parts inventory and creating an intuitive, easy-to-use parts ordering site. M.T.H. Authorized Service Centers have been testing the site over the past few weeks and their positive feedback about the site can be found on the O Gauge Railroading Forum by going HERE: https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/...7#157265374926168907
Important Details About The Parts Ordering Site:
1. The new site will include some tutorial videos to assist visitors in their parts ordering journey. While the site is quite intuitive, the tutorial videos are worth a quick watch prior to entering the site to ensure visitors understand how it works and make searching for parts a breeze!! You'll find those tutorials HERE: https://mthtrains.com/parts-si...FF3J%2FgQB9Uu3XAY%3D
2. Please take time to explore the site. Each search function has a "broad" search and a "filter" search to help you drill down and refine the results to just the parts you need.
3. If you have questions, please do NOT call M.T.H. Electric Trains, instead, email MTH Parts and Sales LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org as this will be our only point of contact.
3. Exploded view diagrams may not exist for every M.T.H. product. While the goal is to create an exploded view diagram for every product we have produced, it’s a slow-going tedious process that just takes time. If a part list does not exist for the product you have, then search the parts database. The new site has access to every part we have in our inventory.
4. What if the product I want is out-of-stock? We have implemented a "wish list" function, where you still add the quantity of the out-of-stock part you want to purchase into your shopping cart. A pop-up window will prompt you to enter your email address and click "Notify Me". When that item returns to stock you will get an email notifying you it's back in stock so you can order it!
5. Consumers MUST register on the site BEFORE checking out. Registering is simple and requires a valid email address and a password you choose. Once registered, you can return to the site and use those same credentials to log in and order additional parts.
On Thursday morning, you'll find the site live at www.mthpartsandsales.com/shop.
While we understand the disruption of parts sales has been a frustrating interruption for many of our Authorized Service Centers, M.T.H. Authorized Retailers, and consumers (and for us too!), we very much appreciate the patience the marketplace has shown in awaiting the rollout.