The company is soliciting bids for the following non-contiguous properties:
• the Massena Line extending north from Syracuse, New York, to Canada;
• Baldwinsville Subdivision: a branch line west of Syracuse;
• West Albany and Rensselaer: a collection of properties near Albany, New York;
• Cumberland Valley: feeder lines extending east of Corbin, Kentucky;
• Eastern North Carolina: branch lines terminating in Grangers and Plymouth; and
• Marietta Subdivision: a branch line extending north out of Parkersburg, West Virginia.
CSX is committed to making sure local operators continue service for customers as it seeks buyers interested in cultivating and growing traffic on the lines, company officials said.