Recently, for the first time in a long while, I ran two of my favorite older MTH Railking locomotives, a New York Central 0-8-0 steam switcher with PS1 and a New York Central EMD SW-1500 diesel with 5-volt PS2. I ran them long enough to charge the batteries but the shutdown sounds indicated that the batteries were not well charged, so I ordered BCRs and installed them today. The battery in the tender of the steamer was accessible and easy to replace – sorry but no photo. The diesel was another story because the battery was a tight fit and wedged beneath the circuit boards, with a strap secured by two very small screws over one end of the battery. I also had to loosen one of the trucks and move its motor to get the battery out and the BCR in. I eventually got the BCR fully into place and got the strap screws, truck and shell screws tightened down, and the handrails reinstalled. Both locomotives ran well and now have excellent operation and sounds. To me, the BCRs are worth the price. Battery problems cannot damage the locomotives and I hope to avoid having to repeat this process in the future.