Hello OGR Forum,
I have currently one each of the Lionel 10” Grade Crossings (see pics):
- 6-12052 with operating flashers and bell ringing
- 6-12062 with operating flashers, gate, and bell ringing
Normally right out of the box wiring these run off track transformers and power, using insulated outside rail tracks to turn on/off the accessory.
- Can these accessories be run using fixed voltage transformer outputs (phased with common ground to track transformer)?
- Is it just a matter of re-connecting the red wire on the bottom of each accessory that comes set to the center rail, and instead have it connect to a wire from the accessory transformer set to 14V fixed?
- See pics of each accessory's bottom wiring.
- If you run the accessory as distributed by Lionel to run of track power, and if you have a large length of insulated outer rail tracks before/after the accessory:
- Will there be large power draw off the trains power center rail source?
- Would there be any adverse effect on Legacy signal strength/loss if the insulated rails used were very long – say 10+ feet?
I look forward to your reply. Thank you.