This is new ground for me, but I'm sure it's old ground for many of you, and I'm hoping for some suggestions and guidance.
I have a few junker standard gauge passenger cars of various types (mostly shorter ones); I want to repaint one and convert it into an interurban. This would be a fantasy piece - no need for prototype fidelity in any fashion. I've done basic train repairs, my soldering skills are mediocre, and I've had little practice with an airbrush. Here are some thoughts and questions:
1. Buy an airbrush, or use spray paint? Leaning toward spray paint (I can always do it over!) - suggestions regarding brands / types? Thoughts re an airbrush?
2. Lettering - suggested source for decals? Location of a good tutorial on printing your own custom decals?
3. Headlight and pantographs - sources for parts and suggestions for mounting?
4. Trucks - What kind work best, considering that one of them must be powered? What's a fair price to pay for a powered truck? Can a motor be mounted on an existing non-powered truck?
5. The big one - what have I not thought about?
Thanks in advance for help and suggestions.