This is for all of the Amazon Kindle owners who would like to use open The DCS WiFi Companion (or any other password-protected eBook pdf) on their Kindle device.
My son, Allan Broskowitz (who gets a shout-out in The DCS WiFi Companion) has come up with a method for getting the password-protected eBook to open on a Kindle. This method has been verified by a forum member (who may come forward if he so chooses). The method is as follows:
- Download The DCS WiFi Companion to the Kindle device.
- Download Acrobat Reader in the Kindle Store (it's free).
- The eBook pdf should show on Kindle as an Acrobat file.
- Try opening the file directly from the Kindle app. It should generate an error.
- Cancel out of the error message and then open Acrobat Reader.
- Now look for the "funny" PDF file in Recent and open from there.
- Enter the eBook's password.
- The eBook should open.
If the eBook doesn't open, Factory Reset the Kindle and try again. The second time should be the charm.
This tidbit will appear in a future update to The DCS WiFi Companion.
|Everything that you need to know about DCS WiFi is all in MTH’s “The DCS WiFi Companion 1st Edition!"|
This book is available from many fine OGR advertisers and forum sponsors, or as an eBook or a printed book at MTH's web store!