After being mislead at the MM and prior to this event by utterances on the website I decided this was a project I wanted nothing more to do with. Buying a model should be an enjoyable experience, from a £200 0-6-0 to a $6000 BB. I don't expect the importer to be my best friend but I do like to establish relationships with those with whom I choose to do business:
I don't expect to be lied to and yes when I signed up I had signed up for the long haul.
I inferred from this sorry state that the project had 'stalled' (?) for want of a better word and it was time to exit.
It has, additionally, somewhat soured my perception of the US 0 scale scene. It will be some years before I bother to visit the MM again, if at all.
Why anyone would build up a world class brand and then seek to undermine it is beyond me - reputations are hard won and easily lost.
The lack of any plausible explanation is also illuminating, draw your own inferences....................
People need to really go back and read the first 3 postings from GK regarding the BB. it took 7 years for te first 3 from GK and hear we are 2019 and still no Pilot model that is 17 years still nada.
6/16/09 - Our 'Big Boy' project has not been updated in quite some time. The demand has certainly been building as we have worked through other projects, but the time is drawing near to push ahead on the 'Big Boy. We are currently reevaluating all of our remaining previously announced projects to make a firm determination of what our production schedule will look like for the next 18-24 months and that will govern what we do with the this project.
As I have worked on the development of our Challenger project, the versions of the 'Big Boy' to do are more clearly defined now and that information will be posted in the very near future, but in the mean time, the version count does remain at six.
7/06/07 - Our 'Big Boy' project continues to move towards production, unfortunately, not as quickly as most would like! The order of production will most likely change in the near future based on the lack of progress in obtaining reference material for other planned projects. If you are waiting for this project be assured that it will definitely be produced, we have over three thousand drawings on hand and a complete set of builder's photos, so all is in order to move ahead when the time is right. Be thinking about the versions that we should produce and do not hesitate to let us know your thoughts on that subject. Stay tuned for further developments in the coming weeks.
4/3/02 - This project has a new position in our schedule. A further update will be posted in the next few days.