Pretty exciting - thank you, Lionel. We need 40 orders each to get these made. To see images, since Lionel's artwork isn't done yet. follow the product links.
Announcing The Muffin's Custom Runs by Lionel
First, thanks for all of the suggestions. Some of your suggestions, you will see here. In some cases, where we aren't announcing them because:
- Our estimate of possible demand wouldn't be enough to get the minimum order quantity required by Lionel
- There's a limit on how many Lionel will make for us and we need to be respectful of that
- For some of the suggestions, Lionel has reserved for future catalogs
Regardless, we appreciate receiving each and every suggestion.
Here we are offering a Class A in Pennsylvania Dark Brunswick Green. Yes, this is a fantasy scheme, but it could've happened and people want it. It will be based on the pictures model, 2131480, except it will have the cast front end, and blackened drivers.As soon as I have the official Lionel art work, I will share it.
- Lionel 2231PRR - Legacy Vision Line Class A Steam Locomotive "Pennsylvania" #3701 - Custom Run for MrMuffin'sTrains - Preorder Sale Priced at $1889.99 - If you order in the next two weeks, free weathering by harry Hieke - just say "Weather Me" in the notes
So, order these, you guys!
This tooling was originally K-Lines and they offered the Berkshire in the original green. They were very popular and hard to find. Lionel purchased the tooling and has enhanced this model a lot.
- Lionel 22313GREEN - Legacy A1 Berkshire Steam Locomotive "Boston & Albany" #1425 - Custom Run for MrMuffin'sTrains - Regularly $1599.99 - Preorder Sales Priced at $1459.99
Okay - so the Nickel Plate Road purchased the Clover Leaf in 1922, and picked up a pair of Atlantic's in the acquisition. Repainted for NKP and renumbered #744 and #745.
"NKP #744 and NKP #745 roamed Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, and Missouri on what became NKP’s Clover Leaf District stretching from Toledo to St. Louis. Both engines were laid up in Frankfort, IN in 1931 and subsequently stricken from the roster in 1933 thereby paving the way for both road numbers to resurface years later on Berkshires (the Berks are what you’ll find if you search for NKP #744 or NKP #745)."
- Lionel 2231NKP - Legacy Atlantic Steam Locomotive "Nickel Plate Road" #744 - Custom run for MrMuffin'sTrains - Regularly $899.99 - Preorder Sale Priced at $809.99
The picture was taken after the NKP markings were stripped from the tender - we will definitely have it properly marked for the Nickel Plate Road
As you likely know, the Pennsylvania had more ALCo RS27s than any railroad. There are lots of pictures of them. The Pennsylvania fans wanted them included - so here we have one. Appropriate to MU with the PC's as well.
- Lionel 22333PRR - Legacy RS-27 Diesel Locomotive "Pennsylvania" #2412 - Custom Run for MrMuffin'sTrains - Regularly $599.99 - Preorder Sale Priced at $539.99
Okay - I will be honest. I was really unhappy to hear that MTH had sold their RailKing Scale SW1 tooling to Lionel. Then along comes this catalog. Lionel basically used MTH's cab and diesel engine cover - the hood - and developed everything chassis down as new tooling. The engine features fixed pilots - both ends - and we have wanted that - and all wheels are powered. This is the SW1 we have wanted. Lionel cataloged some nice roads, I am in for the B&O, and I know we will see more of these in future catalogs. But, I asked them for some of my favorites now as custom runs - so here they are:
- Lionel 22333CIL - Legacy SW1 Diesel Locomotive "Monon" #6 - Custom Run for MrMuffin'sTrains - the Monon had two #5 and #6 - Regularly $549.99 - Preorder Sale Priced at $494.99. Want both road numbers? Order two and I will ask Harry to change one to #5
- Lionel 22333WS - Legacy SW1 Diesel Locomotive "West Shore" #8525 - Custom Run for MrMuffin'sTrains - I got a lot of email requesting this one - so here it is! The WEST SHORE/WTSE was a small shortline/tourist operation in Lewisburg, PA that closed in late 1980s/mid 1990s and track was abandoned in the 2008. The WEST SHORE (in PA) had a former PRR diesel and it was repainted into a few different liveries over the years.
- Regularly $549.99 - Preorder Sale Priced at $494.99
- Lionel 22333MR - Legacy SW1 Diesel Locomotive "Milwaukee Road" #1634 - Custom Run for MrMuffin'sTrains - beautiful in all black - Regularly $549.99 - Preorder Sale Priced at $494.99
- Lionel 22333CBQ - Legacy SW1 Diesel Locomotive "Burlington" #9136 - Custom Run for MrMuffin'sTrains - beautiful in all black - Regularly $549.99 - Preorder Sale Priced at $494.99
Here are some custom run SD40-2's - we had a lot of suggestions for these - so I had to pair it down to 4 - I hope you'll order one or two! Regularly $649.99 - Preorder Sale Priced at $584.99
- Lionel 2233IN3 - Legacy SD40-2 Diesel Locomotive "Indiana Railroad" #4002 - Custom Run for MrMuffin'sTrains
- Lionel 2233LN1 - Legacy SD40-2 Diesel Locomotive "Louisville & Nashville" #1231 - Custom Run for MrMuffin'sTrains
- Lionel 2233CL1 - Legacy SD40-2 Diesel Locomotive "Clinchfield" #3011 - Custom Run for MrMuffin'sTrains
- Lionel 2233RI1 - Legacy SD40-2 Diesel Locomotive "Rock Island" #4790 - Custom Run for MrMuffin'sTrains
And Finally - SD90MAC in Indiana Railroad - both paint schemes Regularly $649.99 - Preorder Sale Priced at $584.99 - With Legacy and all the bells and whistles!