We started out very aggressive on building this micro layout at the start of COVID and then lost our momentum towards the fall of 2020. Life happens and we shift gears for a while…
This summer I was able to help out with making the brown fascia. My wife created the control panel schematic by taping off the the back of a piece of Lexan and painting it from the back.
Recently, there seems to be some renewed interest in working on this project again. Since the last major push, tons of dust managed to settle on the layout. These little trains seem to be very sensitive to the dust. After cleaning everything up dust wise, last weekend we started construction of vinyl dust cover. We still need to develop some temporary supports off of the layout for it.
Fast forward to this weekend, and I finally wired up the control panel for her. She is starting to again make progress on the buildings as well as completing the paint and weathering on them.
Hope to have some cool updates in the near future as this start to come together more. Also plan to get a small video posted soon of the trains running. I was really surprised by how good these little trains sound.