Skip to main content

Why did it take 2 1/2 days to update the Warrenville zoo?  There was an issue with the plastic used in the fencing I modified for the cages.

Except for the glue (and even that provided a weak bond) shown in the bottom left of this photo, nothing stuck to the fencing shown on the bottom right. All of the other glues shown failed - green and red Testor's plastic model glue, epoxy, super glue, hot glue, plastic weld, etc.

WHAT the heck kind of plastic is it (bottom right in the photo)!

IMG_7209

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_7209
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@Artie-DL&W posted:

Hi John, just a thought-did you scrap off the paint in the area to be glued? I was convinced to try JB Weld by gunrunnerjohn, to repair a part on my Aristocraft diesel, and it worked well.

Let us know what worked!

There was no paint on it Artie, and I did scuff up the areas to be glued first.  My next step was going to try a primer paint on it before gluing.

I've used Dupli-color CP199 Clear Adhesion Promoter Primer with excellent results.   I found it in the auto parts stores and I believe it was available on your favorite internet  mail order sites.

It comes in a spray can .  I spray a little in a small metal container and apply with a swab.   

It softens the surface ofplastic and leaves a CLEAR primer surface.  I never had any type of plastic that it didn't work on in auto ,motorcycle and household projects.

Read instructions on the can  for best results.   

Add Reply

Post
OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
330-757-3020

www.ogaugerr.com
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×
×