I have had my Legacy CAB-2 system and Lionel ZW-L power supply for 5 years with no issues. I purchased a new DCS/TIU last week and cannot not get them to work right more importantly how do I hook them up?
Per many videos and internet searches I:
1. connected the wire from the command base to the output on the Fixed Output 1 on the TIU
2. disconnected the wire from command base from to the ZW-L
3. connected the black and red from the ZW-L to the TIU Fixed input 1
4. connected the black and red from the TIU Fixed Output 1 to my track block.
5. the ZW-L back side CMD/CONV switch is set to CONV mode
Is this correct? With this configuration the ZW-L immediately goes back to Zero volts.
I am lost and MTH, when called said, "I don't now anything about the Legacy system." Fair enough and neither do I.
There must be other settings I am not aware of on the DCS Remote and or Legacy Remote. (Track and or Engine ID's).