I'm considering attending York for the first time as a guest.
Questions for you veterans of the show:
1. What are the advantages of attending as a guest instead of just coming when the public can? It sounds like that gives me access on Thursday afternoon, plus additional access to the 4 member halls. What goes in the member halls? It sounds like there are members selling items and displaying personal layouts, is that right? Anything else?
2. I can come on Thursday afternoon and/or Friday any time, maybe even Saturday morning. When would be the best day(s) and time(s) to attend if my objectives are to:
- get some deals on rolling stock, track and switches, and buildings/kits
- find out about local train groups in my area
- see a bunch of O scale layouts
3. Any other tips? I live close enough that I don't need info on lodging or restaurants.