- This new video shows a clever O-gauge, 3-train, 3-rail layout built by a Ridgely, Maryland gentleman named Talley Ober.
- Talley’s layout uses the “insulated rail” method to automatically control 3 “Thomas the Tank Engine” locos running on the SAME loop of track — using NO relays nor electronics.
- It just uses 2 simple “insulated rail" type "Control Blocks", which control 2 "Stop Blocks".
- One wire connects each Control Block to its corresponding Stop Block, so there is a total of 2 "Control Wires" for the whole control system.
- I recorded this video at the Oct. 2017 York PA TCA meet.
- The webpage at autocontrols.wordpress.com/insulated-rail-3-train-3-rail-o-ga-automatic-control-system contains all the drawings shown in the video.
- The BOTTOM of that same webpage has links to ADDITIONAL videos and articles relating to “insulated rail” automatic control of 3 -rail trains.