Skip to main content

jeremy ferrell posted:

These are fantastic.  I had recently been buying the flatbed trucks and turning them into road tractors for TOFC trailers.   Menards you could save me some work if you made some into road tractors.    

Jeremy, You remove the sides and deck and shorten the wheel base for an ideal tandem semi tractor.   The red tractor is a shortened Ertl which left the factory the same length as the green tractor.    JohnDSCN5976

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DSCN5976
Last edited by rattler21
rattler21 posted:
jeremy ferrell posted:

These are fantastic.  I had recently been buying the flatbed trucks and turning them into road tractors for TOFC trailers.   Menards you could save me some work if you made some into road tractors.    

Jeremy, You remove the sides and deck and shorten the wheel base for an ideal tandem semi tractor.   The red tractor is a shortened Ertl which left the factory the same length as the green tractor.    JohnDSCN5976

But John, how does one reattach the shorter frame?

Richie C. posted:
Menards posted:

We've got some cool stuff coming!

Here's your first teaser for our January 9th release.

Tease 1

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

It's probably me, but what did the above actually represent and how does it tie into the stake trucks ? 

Perhaps the lighted headlights on the trucks. There are multiple trucks being offered so multiple headlights. I doubt many saw it like this because the "headlights" were too close together.

rattler21 posted:
jeremy ferrell posted:

Jeremy, You remove the sides and deck and shorten the wheel base for an ideal tandem semi tractor.   The red tractor is a shortened Ertl which left the factory the same length as the green tractor.    JohnDSCN5976Are these still readily available?

prrhorseshoecurve posted:
rattler21 posted:
jeremy ferrell posted:

But John, how does one reattach the shorter frame?

I can’t speak for Johns but the menards Mack style trucks I was buying and modifying were diecast.  I literally just sectioned the chassis with a hack saw.   Smoothed our my cuts and used Jb weld to reattach the sections.   Good thing about in weld is you can file it and sand it.  This new release truck appears to have the same setup or something close.   So I’d say it’ll be a very doable modification on these as well.    Where there’s a will there’s a way.   I’ll share some pics when I get another one completed.      

prrhorseshoecurve posted:
Richie C. posted:
Menards posted:

We've got some cool stuff coming!

Here's your first teaser for our January 9th release.

Tease 1

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

It's probably me, but what did the above actually represent and how does it tie into the stake trucks ? 

Perhaps the lighted headlights on the trucks. There are multiple trucks being offered so multiple headlights. I doubt many saw it like this because the "headlights" were too close together.

Someone at Menards has a future in modern art !

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.