Skip to main content

We've added to our Railway Express Agency collection!

Railway Express Boxcar (279-4534, 4535) Shop Now!

Railway Express Panel Truck (279-4518) Shop Now!

This was previously released, but still an awesome train car!

Railway Express Flatcar w/ Panel Truck (279-4516, 4517) Shop Now!

In case you missed it, I've included today's train email below.

If you want to receive these special offers and new product announcements, click here!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

rtraincollector posted:

What I don't understand but you can buy the truck for $19.99 ( before rebate ) or you can buy the flat car with the truck for $19.99 ( again before rebate ) so in other words you get a free flat car.

My guess is the truck on the flat car isn't 1/48, maybe more like 1/64th?

The separate sale truck is 4" long, while the flat car and truck is 10.5" long over the couplers and the vehicle pictured on it doesn't look like it would overhang by 1.5" or so if you had 3 on it. Ordered the truck.

Last edited by BobbyD
SDIV Tim posted:

D6DFA678-54EE-41BA-A0C3-0790FD7A2208Mark,

I can’t buy anything from you guys. This what I get. All I need is this (Panel Truck and Flatcar). This is the error I get.

Any help?

Tim,

Unfortunately, as of August 30, 2018 we became aware that the state of California is enforcing new "Proposition 65" rules that mean we have to certify and label anything we ship/sell in California with some sort of label saying, I guess, that you could or could not get cancer by using this product or something to that effect.

This is simply not a sensible thing for us to do with our train items, so we have discontinued selling them at all in California. Perhaps if you have a friend living in one of the other 49 States they could buy it for you and re-ship it to you.

Sorry for everyone that this affects.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

REA did have box trucks likr the one M did for ATSF.  Maybe one in green and one in the 1960's silver.

Also REA had T/COFC cars on flatcars, using both green and silver trailers and containers.

And I know each car has its own number.  But in the case of REA, gold would be a better color.

REA covered the nation in the pre-Amtrak era.  Lots of possibilities for head end cars and support trucks for the era.

Menards posted:
SDIV Tim posted:

D6DFA678-54EE-41BA-A0C3-0790FD7A2208Mark,

I can’t buy anything from you guys. This what I get. All I need is this (Panel Truck and Flatcar). This is the error I get.

Any help?

Tim,

Unfortunately, as of August 30, 2018 we became aware that the state of California is enforcing new "Proposition 65" rules that mean we have to certify and label anything we ship/sell in California with some sort of label saying, I guess, that you could or could not get cancer by using this product or something to that effect.

This is simply not a sensible thing for us to do with our train items, so we have discontinued selling them at all in California. Perhaps if you have a friend living in one of the other 49 States they could buy it for you and re-ship it to you.

Sorry for everyone that this affects.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Mark, does this mean Menard's will not ship anything to CA?

Guess we got our UFO accessories just in time.

Steve

Last edited by OGR CEO-PUBLISHER

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.