Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dobermann, that IP address is a class C network which is an internal IP address on a home network. If it's on an internal device within your network then my question to you would be would be what is your home network addressing?

By default most folks are on a 192.168.1.x network and if your on that then 192.168.143.1 will not resolve. 

What is the IP address of a computer, phone, tablet, etc... in your house?

BNSF-Matt posted:

Dobermann, that IP address is a class C network which is an internal IP address on a home network. If it's on an internal device within your network then my question to you would be would be what is your home network addressing?

By default most folks are on a 192.168.1.x network and if your on that then 192.168.143.1 will not resolve. 

What is the IP address of a computer, phone, tablet, etc... in your house?

ok, it seems to me that you have to access the unit wirelessly to enter the LuCI. You first have to disconnect the TIU cable/wired network cable to isolate the unit. Then look for the wireless network MTH_DCS-XXXX. Join that network. Then type the 192.168.143.1 into your browser.

Page attached. Change the title of your post to get Barry and the other guys to see your problem.   can't connect to WiFi LuCI

Attachments

I'm following the directions for LUCI

Correct, that is what I was referring to.  But you're not if you're going through your home netwrok.

To upgrade firmware, it says you must use the MTH network, not the home network.  (Full manual, page 9, #2 at top).  My laptop addresses the WIU directly, without going through the home network

To upgrade firmware, it says you must use the MTH network, not the home network.

Although that's what the manual states, you do not need to be on the WIU's MTH network to access LuCI. You just need to know the WIU's IP Address.

The address supplied in the instructions are what you'd use if the WIU is in MTH mode, since that's its default IP Address. I signed static IP Addresses to al 3 of my WIUs before updating them. Now, to update their firmware, I just power them on and browse to their assigned addresses.

Barry or RJR (or anyone else that knows),

I don't have a PC that has Wifi. Can you connect to a WIU using a network cable connection or do you have to connect using only WiFi? Seems like a cable connection should work also work? I am still waiting on my WiFi unit, or I would just try it myself. If it's Wifi only, I will get an adapter my computer.

I don't have a PC that has Wifi. Can you connect to a WIU using a network cable connection or do you have to connect using only WiFi?

Yes, you can. I used it that way for a while and it works fine.

Put the WIU into MTH mode, plug in the Ethernet cable between the WIU and you router, plug in the USB cable between the TIU and the WIU, and then power on the WIU.

Last edited by Barry Broskowitz

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.