Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Nice to see the new offerings. May order the Pullman heavy-weights. 

Again, I'll voice my complaint. I'd love to have the Iowa Interstate ES44ACs, but the headlight should be in the nose, not above the cab. Only correct for the NS 4000 in this catalog. Too bad they went cheap on the tooling, and didn't make the headlight movable to the nose location. Too expensive of a model to overlook.

NotInWI posted:

I find it curious that the AF offerings are a separate catalog this year.  Last year it was all one big book.  Lionel seems all over the place with this over the years.  

Ben

I'm guessing they didn't want to "dilute" their 120th anniversary celebration.

ns1001 posted:

So they are going to make the enhanced Berkshires after all - have my RF&P road name on order although believe they were pattered after the C&O version with different sand dome placement. Also have on order the EP-5 in NH colors.  

The RF&P Berks were closer to the NKP/PM Berks, although the RF&P's sand dome was a little smaller.

Rusty

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0

The Frisco was a good seller and AM made the passenger cars after a couple of us convinced Ron that Lionel wasn't going to make them.  Maybe AM will paint more sets of cars.

The heavyweights didn't start with PE so these are using the continuing tooling from long before the PE.

Cattle cars??  Of course as many of us run trains that are staged from the early part of the last century.

Lionel always includes product that is unsold or undelivered from the last catalog.  Flyerchief and Legacy Berks show up in this catalog for that reason.

I see that there is a note about an update on the Bluetooth software for Flyerchief/Lionchief.  Is this update new really?

Let's Flyonel 2020!

Bill

Roundhouse Bill posted:

The Frisco was a good seller and AM made the passenger cars after a couple of us convinced Ron that Lionel wasn't going to make them.  Maybe AM will paint more sets of cars.

The heavyweights didn't start with PE so these are using the continuing tooling from long before the PE.

Bill

The AM Frisco Meteor cars were a result of someone (Mark, a.k.a Banjoflyer?) making a proposal for them with AM.  They were true BTO and no extra sets were made.  If AM's minimum hadn't been reached the project would have withered on the vine.  Someone would have to take the initiative again with a new proposal.

The Flyer heavyweights were first released around 2005-2006 as I recall.  NYC and UP as separate sale, plus in the Alton set were where the made their debut.

Rusty

Rusty, you are partly correct.  I was the person who initially contacted Ron after I talked with Ryan Kunkle at Lionel to confirm that Lionel wasn't going to make the cars.  Later, I also got the paint numbers from Ryan because Ron wanted them, but then didn't really match the paint.

Mark and I partnered in convincing Ron to build the cars.  Mark also provided lots of information on the cars Frisco used with names for each type and the number of wheels on each truck.

When I got the article in the S Gaugian we used photos of the train from Mark's layout.  It was a partnership.

I am wondering if we could get Ron to make passenger coaches for coming Legacy Berkshire Golden Spike Limited that is being produced.  That was the special train to celebrate 100th year of the Transcontinental Railroad in 1969.  It is the blue one in the catalog.  I have one ordered.

Anybody Interested???

Last edited by Roundhouse Bill

I'd love to have the Iowa Interstate ES44ACs, but the headlight should be in the nose, not above the cab. Only correct for the NS 4000 in this catalog. Too bad they went cheap on the tooling, and didn't make the headlight movable to the nose location. Too expensive of a model to overlook.

This problem bothered me, too, until I "went cheap" on the fix. BTS twin sealed-beam headlight with MV lenses fit perfectly in the ES44AC nose indentation. I glued the headlight with GOOP so that I could remove it later if necessary without damaging the paint. If I get the courage, I'll put the original LEDs in the correct place and file down and patch the area between the numberboards. For now, the "wrong" headlight is barely noticeable.BNSF diesels 2

Attachments

Images (1)
  • BNSF diesels 2: BNSF SD70ACe and ES44AC
snowmanw900 posted:

Thanks for posting the link @Rusty Traque

I see they brought the ES44 back, and that  I'm happy about. I see a couple that I'll be ordering. 

Hopefully this time they have a factory option for fixing the pilots. I'm looking forward to these new units.

On a sad note, another year goes by and I still dont see a SD40-2. 

Maybe next time......

I doubt there will be any mechanical changes to the ES44's.  They'd have to modify the frame and pilot castings.

Rusty

The 2020 catalogue description says that the Legacy Berkshires will have separate handrails but what about the other separate detail items as shown in the illustrations which have not changed since the concept was first shown. So that implies all the original added detail items are still included but needs to be confirmed.

Roundhouse Bill posted:
I am wondering if we could get Ron to make passenger coaches for coming Legacy Berkshire Golden Spike Limited that is being produced.  That was the special train to celebrate 100th year of the Transcontinental Railroad in 1969.  It is the blue one in the catalog.  I have one ordered.

Anybody Interested???

Bill, are you referring to the American Railroads Berk?

Roundhouse Bill posted:

Rusty, you are partly correct.  I was the person who initially contacted Ron after I talked with Ryan Kunkle at Lionel to confirm that Lionel wasn't going to make the cars.  Later, I also got the paint numbers from Ryan because Ron wanted them, but then didn't really match the paint.

Mark and I partnered in convincing Ron to build the cars.  Mark also provided lots of information on the cars Frisco used with names for each type and the number of wheels on each truck.

When I got the article in the S Gaugian we used photos of the train from Mark's layout.  It was a partnership.

Anybody Interested???

That was so disappointing to get them and have them not match the loco.  I never run them anymore because of that; I am tired of people asking "Why doesn't the paint match?"  They'll land on ebay soon.

Brendan  

Roundhouse Bill posted:

Yes, It was the Nickel Plate Road 759 that was redone for that excursion and then repainted and put on static display at Steamtown in Scranton PA.

Then yes, I'd love to have the heavyweights to go with it. I have one on order, but I am still not convinced that any of the Legacy Berks will actually get built.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.