Good evening all. The 2nd in the series of MTH Warehouse Auctions is already live for Oct 24th, 2020. As of today there are 300 lots listed, however this will be a 1000 sale again. The full catalog should be posted by sometime next week as we are working diligently on it as well as many shipments for this past weekends auction!
Please make sure to read the terms as your register to understand the process. We are more than happy to answer any questions. A few quick topics:
- Shipping is handled in house. All buyers requiring shipping are asked to email their intention following the auction. We have very competitive handling/material fees as well as rates with UPS, USPS, and FEDEX. This is billed when a package is ready, AFTER the item invoice is paid.
- Following the last lot closing, invoices are prepared, credit cards are charged, and paid invoices are emailed approximately 1-2 hours following the sale. All payments with through the card used at registration so please plan accordingly. Any questions, please ask.
- The terms clearly describe the bidding process and the options for bidding - Next Increment, Specific Amount, and Max Bid. Again - any questions we are happy to help. All bidding platforms are a little different and all auction houses have a little different terms. We are happy to explain any of this for someone new to auctions, or for seasoned bidders that are new to OUR platform.
- Most of the items currently selling are archive samples. Generally these are Production Samples meaning they were the approval pieces for full production. To this end they should represent the catalog item. Obviously unpainted "kits" don't match the catalog exactly and some items are true prototypes or other samples and archived stock.
- EVERYTHING we sell at Cabin Fever Auctions (and we sell MANY more trains than just the MTH Archives) is second hand in some way. We do not have capacity or ability to guarantee any items for function, completeness, or being free from flaws. Items are sold as is with no returns, as stated in the terms and conditions, so please bid accordingly. In person previews for those that can make it to the hall are welcomed, by appointment only. We make every effort to point out any items know to be missing parts or broken but we do handle THOUSANDS of lots of trains per month and we can't point out everything. We do NOT grade any items as we do feel that each person handling an item may have some variance in their grade. We are happy to assist anyone with additional pictures or discussion (emailed questions, or we can put you on the phone with our experienced cataloging staff) to help you know what you are buying.
We do understand there are mixed feelings about the MTH closure, the future of parts, repairs, DCS, and more. Like everyone else, we do not know what that future holds exactly so we kindly ask to keep posts on topic to the auctions to help keep it organized. Thanks for everyone's participation and we hope you may gain some new treasures from these archive sales!