Skip to main content

Well, if the first one is a semi truck the middle 2 black dots (tires) are in the wrong place.  They should be under the short black line with the first black dot.  Ever see the cab of a semi with only 2 front tires?

As for the tires, they are off my camaro.

And the gun looks like a deck gun, as mentioned by someone else, from a sub.

Rick

Menards posted:
Bossman284 posted:

Ok I know this has been cover before but what scale are these?  1:43,1;48 or 1:50

Hi Bossman284,

The dimensions of the freightliners are 11-5/8”L x 1-3/4”W x 2-3/8”H.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

I would surmise that the scale is closer to 1:63 as that would make the total length of the tractor and trailer 61 feet, it would make the unit 9.1 feet wide and about 12.5 tall, which seems to make sense.  1:55 would make the length about 53 feet, about 11 feet tall and  8 feet wide.  Figuring a 45 foot trailer, it makes more sense that the scale is 1:63.

The tractor looks remarkably like the Freightliner Cascadia.

Basil posted:
Menards posted:
Bossman284 posted:

Ok I know this has been cover before but what scale are these?  1:43,1;48 or 1:50

Hi Bossman284,

The dimensions of the freightliners are 11-5/8”L x 1-3/4”W x 2-3/8”H.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

I would surmise that the scale is closer to 1:63 as that would make the total length of the tractor and trailer 61 feet, it would make the unit 9.1 feet wide and about 12.5 tall, which seems to make sense.  1:55 would make the length about 53 feet, about 11 feet tall and  8 feet wide.  Figuring a 45 foot trailer, it makes more sense that the scale is 1:63.

The tractor looks remarkably like the Freightliner Cascadia.

Is it close to S?

Jim M Sr posted:

While the tankers are too modern for my ancient mind, Menards appears to have another winner. They should  have they younger folks interest with these offerings!

its good that you are spreading your offerings to multiple generations from WWII to present.  

I'm 63 years old..........................I'd buy a few dozen Die Cast 1:48 Scale M1A1/2 Abrams Tanks!

Regards,

Swafford

Last edited by Swafford
Swafford posted:
Brandy posted:

Hey Mark, I'm in with the other guys for an M1A1/2 Abrams Tank/Tanks.......................Thanks   Brandy!

Die Cast 1:48 scale tanks like this would be a gigantic seller!

M1 Abrams Battle Tank M1 Abrams Battle Tank pic 2

These modern tanks would look great on the Menards

14-3/4" O Gauge Flatcars with Wooden Deck

279-3059A

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 279-3059A

I never ever so much as laid my eyes on an Abrams Tank of any kind, until some months and days before the Gulf War started. Where I worked at the time, was CSX quickest way south from Russell, Ky >>>> Erwin Tenn, >>>>>> Norfolk, Va for shipping overseas. I worked at a big oil refinery near Catlettsburg, Ky and the CSX main line came right past, the plant. I was working on a pitch conveyor belt one day, when the 1st of very many flatcars, with Abrams Tanks and Armored Personnel Carriers, went by. At the time, unless in the Armed Forces and involved with what was about to happen in Kuwait, we didn't know until a few days later it was announced. I remember the 1st train that went by, 1 counted 156 loaded flat cars, and this went on for at least a month, and an Engineer friend of mine that hauled those trains south, said that they had 3 per day seven days a week. I thought that those shipments, they were moving all of the tanks in the world. When it seemed like the The tank shipment had ceased, here would come another flat car train, with Howitzers/Cannons/Rocket Launchers on them. As impressive as, the Abrams M1A1/2 were, those big guns looked to be the "S&W 44 Magnums" of the Howitzer/Cannon World....  So I guess if/while we're developing an Armed Forces Wish List, throw in a production of the Big Howitzer's Too!...............................Thanks again Mark!...........

Oh yeah one other thing, thanks for the "New Big Flat Cars" with the sprung trucks, they are very, very nice, and reasonable for us that's now on a fixed income!..............................................Brandy!    

Okay, so I see guys are giving suggestions for what they would like to see from Menards, I have made some also! Menards, to their credit appears to be listening! So in that spirit, I wonder if it is possible to offer the die cast in a uniform scale? Right now the scales seem to be all over the place, from approximately 1/63, 1/50, 1/48 and 1/43! Just a comment! I think, that 1/48 die-cast uniformly would be a huge seller, especially in the tanks that people are asking for, ( include myself in this group) I think Menards could create their own niche because there is very little 1/48 die-cast out there! Just an idea Mark!

play trains posted:

Okay, so I see guys are giving suggestions for what they would like to see from Menards, I have made some also! Menards, to their credit appears to be listening! So in that spirit, I wonder if it is possible to offer the die cast in a uniform scale? Right now the scales seem to be all over the place, from approximately 1/63, 1/50, 1/48 and 1/43! Just a comment! I think, that 1/48 die-cast uniformly would be a huge seller, especially in the tanks that people are asking for, ( include myself in this group) I think Menards could create their own niche because there is very little 1/48 die-cast out there! Just an idea Mark!

Die Cast 1:48 scale tanks would be a gigantic seller! 

M1 Abrams Battle Tank

Attachments

Images (1)
  • M1 Abrams Battle Tank

Good Day Mark the Menards Guy,

Here is my thinking…………………. offer these M1 Battle Tanks in 1:48 Scale. Present and market these as “A Salute to the United States Army”! We are proud of all the men and women serving to protect our Country every second, every minute, every hour 24/7.

Menards will sell a ton of these!

Regards,

Swafford

M1 Abrams Battle Tank pic 2

M1 Abrams Battle Tank

Attachments

Images (2)
  • M1 Abrams Battle Tank
  • M1 Abrams Battle Tank pic 2

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)