Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by Joe Fermani:

I am doing some upgrades and wanted to have a simple molex wire connection.  I want to use the same 2 pin connectors Lionel uses in their engines.  Does anyone know exactly what size these are and where I can buy them?  I want to buy both male and female ends.

Thanks

If you go to a local Radio Shack you can get them for free out of there battery recycle box. You can also find them at some supermarkets that recycle old cell phones. Just bring along a pair of scissors.

Last edited by Former Member

Joe, timely post as I am trying trying to figure out who makes those connectors. It would help if you posted a pic of the exact connector.

Lionel uses are least three type of those small connectors. Some made by Molex, some by Leoco, and some by brand ???. The ones used in one of my engines have .1" (2.54mm) pin pitch and have a camphor on two corners. MTH uses these same connectors so hopefully G can help us both out. Most of the Leoco's have  2mm pin pitch and are used to connect wires to boards. I think the ones similar to Leocos but with a 2.54 mm pitch are Molex.

Connector X is shown as H or L in this image. Is this the same one you are looking for?

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.