Skip to main content

Our Morton Salt hoppers are back by popular demand!

Single (279-3871) > Shop Now!
6-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4009) > Shop Now!

Don’t forget! Now through April 7, 2018, buy any O gauge train item $19.99 and higher and get a FREE Menards Box Truck!

IMPORTANT: This offer is valid on online purchase only. You MUST add (1) Menards Box Truck (SKU# 279-4455) to your shopping cart for every qualifying train item you wish to purchase. The box truck price will be subtracted as part of the checkout process.

Click here to shop now!

In case you missed it, I've included today's train email below. If you want to receive these special offers and new product announcements, click here!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Lionlman posted:

I got my new Menards Morton Salt hopper and box truck today.  The road number was printed at an angle on both sides of the car.

Neal Jeter

48E7867A-9EF6-4757-9163-4310213497AD

Look more closely and you’ll see that it’s a sticker or decal, not printing. So it can more easily be removed, unlike the rest of the pad-printed lettering on the car.

Because Menards cars often come with individual road numbers, workers on the production line apply easy stick-on numbers to each car, and, frankly, they often aren’t too careful. I have several cars of different types with less-than-straight numbers.

If it bothers you, I bet Menards would take it back for an exchange. Contact guest@menards-inc.com.

But if it was me, I’d remove it and use dry transfers in its place. Or I would ignore it completely. I would do an exchange if I could swap it in a store, but I know that’s not how these particular Morton Salt cars are distributed.

The different road numbers is a nice feature - but the consistently sloppy application of these decals ruins it's value.

I wish Menard's would just include a decal sheet in the box with the train - let the hobbyist apply his own decals.

I have about 10 Menard's cars - only 1 has remotely straight road numbers.

I know these are toys, but that is so sloppy, I would just as soon do without it.  Plus, the buyer shouldn't have to go to the bother of trying to remove and center a sticker, which would likely be ruined in the process.  Individual numbers mean nothing to me, so just let them put the same number on at the factory.

Last edited by RadioRon

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.