Skip to main content

About 5 years ago I had the opportunity to purchase an original 773 (1950) that was in like new condition. The rollers show almost no wear. I got it at a great price. The only problem was that the seller did not wrap and pack it sufficiently and the grill on the cow catcher was crushed by the USPS.  The seller offered to give me a refund but because I got it at a low price in superb condition, I kept it when I found that I could buy a replacement cow catcher. The patina has never matched and it is obvious that it is not an original Lionel part. I later found another replacement with a better matched patina. This part has "773" stamped on the underneath side of the cow catcher. The original that was crushed does not have that imprint. Could this part with the imprint be from a later (1964 ?) model ? I want to find as close to original as I can for my 773.  If you have any of the original PW 773s could you check for this imprint ? Appreciate any info on this part and where I might find a true original replacement in near perfect condition?

Eddie

Original Post

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.