Skip to main content

I was wondering about how our plans for camping will be affected by the change from 3 to 2 day York events (starting in April)

I asked.  Roy, the RV guy-in-charge, responded to my questions and allowed me to share here on the forum!

ME: "With the meet is shortened to Friday and Saturday, what will the availability for camping at the fairgrounds be?  I ask because we usually make the trip to York a week-long event, and need to plan for which nights camping will be available at the meet, so we can set up the matching campground/hotel stays in the area. "

ROY: Okay so we will go to a 2 day show in April.  Everything will move forward by 1 day.  However, it is possible to stay on the Fairgrounds Campground on non-show days at the rate of $35 (last known rate) per night.  

ME: (to clarify)  So if everything moves forward a day, then:

Used to get in line and dry camp on Tuesday nite, so that would be OK on  Wednesday Night.
Used to "register and go to campsite" on Wednesday morning, so that would be on Thursday Morning
Friday, camping as usual.
Saturday, leave after show, no overnight camping that night!
$50 RV fee gets you 2 nights instead of 3 (Thurs & Fri) plus dry camp in line (Weds)
Did I get it right?

ROY:
The April 2020 meet is scheduled to be a two-day event and everything will start one-day later than Oct 2019 3-day meet
Regarding the RV fee for April 2020.   I probably won’t know until I show up Monday morning (Oct 2019 York) for setup.  Ask me when you get there.  I will be doing the RV registration on Wednesday morning anytime after 9 AM.  More information will be forthcoming from Eastern Div during our up coming meet. 

So there you have it... time to start planning for April York 2020! 

We look forward to camping at the last 3 day York in October!  See you soon!
Last edited by eddiem
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think that some of the details are not yet determined... as Roy said, he will have more details at the October York.

I wasn't aware of the "$35 a day" option, and I doubt many people do that... it may be more useful for some as the camping setup is shortened by a day.

Sounds like the $50 camping fee may be discussed and a decision made at some point soon.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.