Skip to main content

OK, York is a few days away, I do not see the usual gueses or leaks that the past has always seemed to pop up right before York. I did notice in this months OGR magazine an MTH plug for the ATSF Hudson with a military consist. Iwas thinking this may be new or is it from a past catalog? I like to get one someday. Anyway only a few days left, anyone hear anything? Or is all the dealers got the hand to the fire, if you leak it will not go well for you!  But Old Charlie would at least give you some clues, well Charlie anything titelating to give out, Like a NEW North American Steam or Diesel engine maybe.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yeah, seems odd. I always enjoy - at least for the first 2 or 3 Forum pages - the sound and fury of the speculations and wishes; even join in, occasionally.

Maybe everyone is worn out from the World of Big Boy. Seems MTH guys are a little more laid back, more cerebral. More Zen. Om-m-m-m-m...

Me, I'm faithful to no one. It's all good.

There was a speculation thread sometime in the last week or so about MTH's releases. Obviously, it didn't have the staying power the Lionel and Big Boy threads have.

Atlas's 2014 catalog answered my prayers for O&W coal hoppers, so I would like to see some small steam power from MTH for the O&W. At the very least, small steam I can re-number  and badge for the old and weary. 

There's just no substitute for wild guesses and rampant unwarranted speculation, is there.  It will be what it is, period.  If you're posting what you hope to see, fuhgedaboudit.  This catalog has long been a done deal, and apparently there's no guarantee that cataloged items will be delivered.  So good luck, eh.

Pete

Originally Posted by Martin H:
Here's a guess:

BNSF SD70ACe premier.

Re-issue of UP heritage Premier diesels, which have not yet been done in PS3.

Fantasy husky stack cars in railking and premier.

Zero even-remotely-prototypical intermodal.

Originally Posted by NYC Fan:

Premier NYC Niagara

I wish MTH would release a larger variety of intermodal equipment.  That is the one thing I have been disappointed with in O-gauge. 

If they made these 89 foot TOFC flatcars that would be amazing.

To my knowledge and so far as I know (same thing, really), the MTH European

line is quite successful, "abroad" and here, but more in Europe, of course.

I have a Chapelon 2-3-1 Engineering Edition, and am looking seriously at the plain

gray DB 2-10-0 in the latest Euro brochure (Eurochure?).

There a far more than "two people in the country" who are interested.

--------

The scale GE 44-tonner is indeed a continuing conundrum, though I would FAR more prefer a scale GE 45-tonner - the version with the side rods. Saw them as a kid. Very

"toy train" visuals, but applied to a scale loco - would be a win-win for marketing.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.