Skip to main content

Purchased a Stationsounds Diner on the bay on the 30th of November. It was shipped December 2nd. The last known recorded contact with this earth was on the 4th.

December 4, 2020, 8:10 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
WARRENDALE PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER ”

Who else is waiting on a shipped train item? How long? I’m sure mine will show up someday. I’m not complaining,  just curious. We have a lot of great heroes working in this pandemic and my diner isn’t important.

Last edited by N&W 1218
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ordered a freight sounds reefer off da bay. It was shipped from Leesburg Florida Dec. 18. USPS tracking has not updated since the package was given a tracking number. It's nowhere to be found.

I had a few other items that actually made it, but not until they bounced back and forth forth between hubs in my home state for 5 days. They spent more time an hour away then they did the whole shipment.

I can TOTALLY understand the high volume slowing things down. What I DON'T understand is an apparent sorting problem when the item nearly reaches it's destination.

Maybe if the packages actually got sent where they were supposed to go it would lessen the backup?

Last edited by RickO

Just got parts from Lionel today (Sunday), they were shipped Nov 30th.  So, if you get it tomorrow, I'll still have the record.

You never know. I ordered some parts from Lionel (I have done this quite a bit, but not much in the last 2 - 3 years) at 1:05 PM CST 11/30/20, per my notes. They arrived exactly 2 weeks later, almost to the hour. Their orders used to take 1 1/2 weeks typically, as I recall - but this is Xmas.

I was wanting to get some relays from radio shack, to use with my block signals, some 30'' track sections from menards and some tools from tinman. The hope that the rush will be over by new years day was my reason for waiting. I am like the rest of you, I can't understand the bouncing around between hubs. All that does is take up fuel, manhours and money that might otherwise go to their stockholders, oh well.

File a Missing Mail Search Request.  Have encountered several similar occurrences in the past few months as both shipper and recipient.  The packages have promptly reappeared in the system and subsequently been delivered without further delay.  Another bit of advice:   Don't delay!  File as soon as two days have elapsed without a tracking update.

Last edited by hobby-go-lucky

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.