Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Q4 is the last 3 months of the year, meaning they could arrive anytime October-December.

Its become fairly normal, especially for Atlas O.  They do seem to be picking up the pace lately, which is a positive change.

If I remember correctly, they reopened the order for Horizon/Comet cars in fall of 2021 to boost quantities before production (that's when I ordered a bunch of MetroNorth cars).

I got off the Horn with Atlas today, now the customer service guy says don’t be surprised if they don’t get pushed back until 1st quarter 2024. This is getting ridiculous….. sounds like they are more interested in pushing out the MTH stuff and everyone who’s been waiting since 2019 can go pound sand. This will be my final order with Atlas. I spend money like a drunken sailor in this hobby. Not impressed at all with them.

I got off the Horn with Atlas today, now the customer service guy says don’t be surprised if they don’t get pushed back until 1st quarter 2024. This is getting ridiculous….. sounds like they are more interested in pushing out the MTH stuff and everyone who’s been waiting since 2019 can go pound sand. This will be my final order with Atlas. I spend money like a drunken sailor in this hobby. Not impressed at all with them.

I think before Atlas bought some of the MTH tooling they were having a lot of difficulty with their factories that produced O-scale products. The MTH factories seem to have no problems. I’m wondering if they’re in the process of moving the tooling for their Master and Trainman lines to the MTH factories.

Yes agreed,

it has been well over two years and I thought I was alone in this. My concern also is that will the quality be any good???

@rplst8 posted:

I think before Atlas bought some of the MTH tooling they were having a lot of difficulty with their factories that produced O-scale products. The MTH factories seem to have no problems. I’m wondering if they’re in the process of moving the tooling for their Master and Trainman lines to the MTH factories.

You think they would make an announcement if that might be the case. But yes good thought on it!!!

I understand your frustration. I used to call Atlas, every quarter and ask for an update about the Horizon cars, until 2021.

I also reserved mine in 2019.

I no longer have much faith in the Estimated Arrival Dates, printed in the Announcement / Catalog.

Not just the delivery dates getting postponed. Sometimes they arrive sooner too. The 53’ Rebuilt Well cars are now arriving next month even though the last time, I called Atlas, I was told that they wouldn’t arrive before the Premier SD70ACe, which was supposed to arrive towards the end of this year.

I had reserved the SD70ACe but not the Well Cars and had to scramble to get 2 after I saw the most recent update to the Production Schedule.

These are just my opinion,

Naveen Rajan

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.