Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

One slight correction... I don't mean to nit pick as this is a fine layout. You called it 3 rail Scale though. This particular layout is actually considered Hi-rail rather than 3 Rail Scale. The difference is that the 3RS modelers will have fixed pilot diesels and scale sized couplers. I know it is a bit confusing, and I wish nobody ever coined the 3RS term. High-rail layouts have been around for decades. The realistic scenery and 3 rail diesels with swinging pilots and lobster claw couplers are Hi-rail and aren't really considered 3 Rail Scale. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by jonnyspeed:

One slight correction... I don't mean to nit pick as this is a fine layout. You called it 3 rail Scale though. This particular layout is actually considered Hi-rail rather than 3 Rail Scale. The difference is that the 3RS modelers will have fixed pilot diesels and scale sized couplers. I know it is a bit confusing, and I wish nobody ever coined the 3RS term. High-rail layouts have been around for decades. The realistic scenery and 3 rail diesels with swinging pilots and lobster claw couplers are Hi-rail and aren't really considered 3 Rail Scale. Hope that helps.

I noticed that also. I only saw one pair of diesels with, what appeared to be fixed pilots AND Kadee couplers, including the train. Maybe he/they are still in the process of "up-grading", or some of the equipment belonged to visitors.

Still a pretty nice layout though.

To embed video from Youtube, click the Share button, make sure the start time is 0 and copy the url. Click on the embed video button at the top of the reply box. Paste the url and click either on the box showing dimensions or in the preview box. Click OK and then look for a yellow place holder in the reply box. Click reply, and the video is embedded.

Last edited by ChessieFan72

Hey thats my layout !! Thank you somebody. Three trains in operation only the sd40 train has swinging pilots and lobster claws. all equipment is scale dimensioned. Didn't get a chance to install all the Kadees, only had four months to build this. The original version of this layout is also posted now, titled double head steam. This track length is 3 scale miles the original was 1mile. ( one time around )

Thank you

Clem k

clem I have seen your layout on youtube before.I love it.Those curves and srtait aways are amazing!What size are they?Also your bridges are unreal too!Great job.NickOriginally Posted by clem k:

Hey thats my layout !! Thank you somebody. Three trains in operation only the sd40 train has swinging pilots and lobster claws. all equipment is scale dimensioned. Didn't get a chance to install all the Kadees, only had four months to build this. The original version of this layout is also posted now, titled double head steam. This track length is 3 scale miles the original was 1mile. ( one time around )

Thank you

Clem k

Thank you rockstars 
Some still photo's
All curves are 120 dia. on outside and 112 on inside track. A good portion of this scenery is temporary or will be finished off better, I just had to cover all the lumber with something, can't stand running on plywood any more, some of these mountains are on their third layout, all blue board, easy to change or reuse. This winter I hope to have a coal mine and power plant built. What ever I get done will be done by April 26th the next Blissfield Railroad Days.

Clem
Originally Posted by rockstars1989:
clem I have seen your layout on youtube before.I love it.Those curves and srtait aways are amazing!What size are they?Also your bridges are unreal too!Great job.NickOriginally Posted by clem k:

Thank you

Clem k

Attachments

Images (9)
  • IMG_0501: wood trestle from Grand Central Gems
  • IMG_0504: Double track under girder bridge from Bridges Unlimted
  • IMG_0505: Single track thru girder I think from the NJ high railers co.
  • IMG_0506: Truss bridge from Atlas
  • IMG_0507: north west curve
  • IMG_0508: east side looking south
  • IMG_0513: east side looking west
  • IMG_0514: Hand laid three rail track on deck
  • IMG_0516: from inside on east looking west

Well, no nit-Picken,I like this Layout. I just looked at the still photos and This Is A Lot Of Work!!! I have a Hi-Rail Layout, soon to be seen on OGR Layouts #10, its not Scale. It's just a heck of a lot of fun to Run. It took 15 years to get to most of the scenery, but it's not 100% finished...No Layout Ever Is??? Thanks for Sharing This Nice Railroad, and I like the Room it's in. Leapin Larry.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.