Do you need to move more transit passengers, but your streetcar operations are limited to just 1 mainline ??
This video shows 4 Bachmann N-gauge Peter Witt DCC streetcars, being automatically operated on the same mainline.
- There's no blocks, nor are there any computers.
- We use one Z-Stuff infrared detector, and a 'Programmable Model Train Controller', aka an 'NCE DCC Mini-Panel'.
- In this Video #832 (shown above Part 1) youtu.be/63QNRb7flK4 or vimeo.com/634127681 , the streetcars never stop.
- Part 2 of this Video is at youtu.be/VS0RC8yE6fI or vimeo.com/634137862 .
- In the previous Video #831 youtu.be/In2GU4n7-dQ or vimeo.com/569789232 , we ran 6 streetcars using 2 detectors on the same mainline with 'Station Stops', and also 3 cars with 'Station Stops' using just 1 detector.
Use This In Any Scale:
- Although this demonstration is done in N gauge, you can do the same thing in HO, S, or Largescale -- since just about all those manufacturers use non-proprietary, world-standard DCC decoders.
- In O gauge, the MTH Proto-3 locos and Proto-3 streetcar decoders will run on DCC -- although since MTH removed the DCC/DCS switch on the Railking line about 2014, you probably will have to either add that switch back, or cut a wire (MTH has instructions to do both these operations).