Skip to main content

MarkStrittmatter posted:

Here is some pictures from the engine yard.

Mark,

Thanks for the great photos of your layout!  I am glad to have had the opportunity to have seen it in Person!!  I like the Frank's IGA and have kicked around the idea of purchasing one.  Yours is in a great setting.  Is that the MTH engine house?  I bought an operating sawmill and swichman's tower from a fellow out Eastrecently, and he asked me if I wanted his MTH engine house too.  I passed, as I don't have room for all the buildings I have now, but I do like it.  PRR works great for you!

Merry Christmas,

Mark

DSCN1578Gentlemen,

The new Hallmark/Lionel Santa Train made it's initial run around our Bear Christmas tree and I have to say for a Lionel RTR Christmas Train set it is pretty impressive, the colors are outstanding, the Engine Chuff Rate works well and the Santa Christmas Train Announcements are very kid friendly.  The Beautiful Christmas 0-8-0 Red Engine is heavy Cast and operates correctly right out of the box, smoke unit and sound.  If you are looking for a young childs Christmas present this one is just fantastic.  The one thing to remember however is that the Santa Train only operates from it's own hand held remote control unit, it will not operate from a standard AC transformer alone.  Your layout  AC Transformer will power the Santa Train, set at 18 Volts, however all commands to operate the Santa Train, must come thru it's own Hand Held Remote Control unit.  The Remote Control does not come with the batteries needed to operate it.  Make sure you supply 3, AAA batteries when gifting this Train set, without them you can not run the Train.  Instructions are written well and easy to understand.  The Santa Train also comes with its own DC Power Pack and FasTrack.  A real nice set up for the kids, even kid of my age.  

Merry Christmas everybody!

PCRR/DaveDSCN1577DSCN1575

Attachments

Images (5)
  • DSCN1577
  • DSCN1579
  • DSCN1586
  • DSCN1575
  • DSCN1578
Last edited by Pine Creek Railroad

imageimage

Thanks for all the great pictures.  This is what I put together with the kids this year.  

We get use of a 5'x9' "stage" down in the basement for a little over a month.  Would welcome any suggestions for modest future upgrades (track, easy set up temp modeling, etc.).  I used legos and thin baseboard style wood to make supports and saved styrofoam to make the "hills."  Was thinking of picking up a couple of manual switches and slightly modifying this year's layout to have upper and lower level reversing loops connected by a shared incline track. 

Attachments

Images (2)
Last edited by Prospector

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageThis is our Polar Express layout under our Snoopy tree.  I updated it this year by adding the riser which gave us tunnels.   We added some new houses as well.  This is the first time posting here.   My family and especially my daughter loves it.  I am getting more and more interested in building it out.  Currently it's 4x6 due to how it rests on our basement stair "bars" that divide our main level.   I might be able to go 8' but you'd have to duck to go downstairs!

really enjoyed seeing all the great layouts here.  Thanks and Happy New Year!

Attachments

Images (5)
Last edited by Cyberiankhatru
Pine Creek Railroad posted:

Prospector,

Your FasTrack Christmas bedroom layout, is a seriously classic small layout, nice going man!  

Merry Christmas!

PCRR/Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the kind words.  A lot more we can do but the kids are having fun. Hope to pass the love of trains on to them. As an aside, your handle, Pine Creek Railroad, made me think about trains and some good memories.  When I was a kid my grandfather had a summer cabin by Pine Creek near Jersey Mills and Callahan Run.  The RR ran about 60 feet in front of it.  I was thrilled and in awe every time a big train came through.  He used to pick me up sometimes and we'd hang out for a week or so together.   Great memories of fishing boats, an old Ford pickup, swimming, trains, and one cool, cool guy.   

Happy holidays!

Alex

I need to take some time and catch up with this thread!  I last posted on page 1 and we are up to 6 now!  Here are some memories of 2015 from my home.

DSC_1169

My trains this year were O gauge.  2 loops on FastTrack.  The inside loop is the Lionel Polar Express, and the outer loop is the Lionel Hallmark Santa Toymaker Express. 

DSC_1171

The village is made up of some Lionel, Plasticville and Department 56 structures.

DSC_1173DSC_1179

The Santa Toymaker is a stunning train, and pictures don't do it justice.  I added the LCCA 2015 boxcar and A Christmas Story boxcar to the set.

DSC_1181

The whole tree set-up.

Attachments

Images (5)
  • DSC_1169
  • DSC_1171
  • DSC_1173
  • DSC_1179
  • DSC_1181

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)