Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by John Pignatelli JR.:

Does anyone know the name of the"California Zephyr" CB&Q "Silver ? dome car that resides in the private railway car siding at Union Terminal in Los Angles CA. I like to purchase it from Atlas. I think it was the Silver Lariat but I am not sure.

John

There is a "tour Company" that has three former CZ cars in the "fleet", and the rear dome observation is "Silver Solarium", if I remember correctly. They are headquartered in Southern Californian, but I can not remember their company name.

By the way, Atlas offered the "Silver Solarium" in Amtrak lively only, and NOT in the CZ lettering for CB&Q.

Last edited by Hot Water

My dad and uncle rented the Silver Solarium when I was in high school and took the whole family to Colorado. It was awesome, there are a million stories that came form putting 13 kids into a train car for 3 days. Amtrak almost left us in Kansas for some shenanigans throwing stuff off the train

Hot Water is right. It would be the Silver Lariat. I have ridden on both cars several times in the past but most recently through Feather River a few years ago. Atlas O did the Lariat in a past run but the Solarium as was stated was in Amtrak colors only more recently. I bought a CB&Q Silver Penthouse and bought the Silver Solarium decals from forum sponsor Custom"O" Decals and they worked perfectly!

I am happy to find out it is still available, Atlas is making another run of them. I ordered it from Legacy station along with the Alaska Dome car( road it in Alaska) and the silver Sky dome. I have the PRR sleeper and the silver dollar dome car. the three new ones along with the new additions should give me a nice train.

Again thank you gentleman.

John

Last edited by John Pignatelli JR.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.