Skip to main content

Introducing Tampa Towers from Menards!

Ray’s construction crew is hard at work at the future site of Tampa Towers! Once completed, this state-of-the-art high-rise building will feature everything from luxury condominiums to retail shops!

You can’t build a high-rise without the right equipment! Fortunately, this structure includes two solidly built trucks - including a cement mixer and pump truck with articulating arm that reaches 32” above the ground! Both of these trucks are highly detailed with movable parts and constructed of heavy die-cast.

With a labor force of (19) O scale workers, Ray’s construction crew has more than enough people to get the job done quickly! You will also notice they have the construction materials they need scattered throughout the scene, including three pallets of block, a crate, a toilet, a sink, and even the blueprints!

We’ve never attempted a building with this much stuff! If you were looking to assemble a collection of accessories like this from our competitors, you’d be looking at an OVER $260 price tag, not including the building! At Menards®, we’re including all of these things AND the building for only $129.99!

Click here to see more!

In case you miss it, I’ve attached our today’s O gauge email. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Too bad!  Got to have something that would have been around in 1950 in order for me to be interested.  Wonder if that building under construction look could be adapted to 1950?  Have to take a look at one when it hits the stores.  I do like the fact that it has a covered location for track and car.  Saves space.

Paul Fischer

Nope!  I think not.  Those modern (and homely) trucks and equipment certainly date it to modern times.  And condo's were not invented yet in 1950.  Oh well, I've not been able to use most of Menards structures.  No different here.  Why can't they do a building, railroad related, that might have been built in 1950 or earlier but that would still have been in use to the present time?

Paul Fischer

fisch330 posted:

Nope!  I think not.  Those modern (and homely) trucks and equipment certainly date it to modern times.  And condo's were not invented yet in 1950.  Oh well, I've not been able to use most of Menards structures.  No different here.  Why can't they do a building, railroad related, that might have been built in 1950 or earlier but that would still have been in use to the present time?

Paul Fischer

Hey Paul,

Maybe your reply to this thread will prompt something that fits your layout better the next go around. I'm sure whatever era they create for will be wonderful. 

fisch330 posted:

Too bad!  Got to have something that would have been around in 1950 in order for me to be interested.  Wonder if that building under construction look could be adapted to 1950?  Have to take a look at one when it hits the stores.  I do like the fact that it has a covered location for track and car.  Saves space.

Paul Fischer

You could probably do some backdating by substituting some period equipment for any era of poured concrete buildings - a crane, a concrete skip and maybe your own ready-mix fleet?

Consumers Concrete plant, 1950s.

it looks like a construction site of a building named Tampa Towers but how do the workers get from floor to floor  . . .jump?? No stair or elevator openings no temporary side elevator.  I like the concrete truck and the concrete pumper.

I know everything Menards does is wonderful but  . . .not always.

This is the goofiest and most unconvincing construction site I have seen.

AlanRail posted:

it looks like a construction site of a building named Tampa Towers but how do the workers get from floor to floor  . . .jump?? No stair or elevator openings no temporary side elevator.  I like the concrete truck and the concrete pumper.

Hey look everyone...It's Alan with a negative comment about a Menard's offering.  Who woulda thought?? [/sarcasm]

AlanRail posted:

You do know that you can add/remove/modify these pre-built structures?  Menards will not take you to court for not taking the building as is.  In fact, customizing them is even encouraged so that all of our layouts do not contain the exact same buildings.  This model screams for customization so go add these ladders or stairs or elevator!

EscapeRocks posted:
AlanRail posted:

Hey look everyone...It's Alan with a negative comment about a Menard's offering.  Who woulda thought?? [/sarcasm]

For some Alans'  comment may be considered negative but there are a number of us, including me, who agree with him.  Sometime Menards hits it out of the park and sometimes they hit into a triple play but it's all fun.

UnclePeteRR posted:

Any lights on this? I assume not as I don't see it mentioned anywhere.

I was wondering that too.  Usually by now a building would have lights hanging down from the ceiling with wires draped here and there.

No doubt more talented kitbashers could string up hanging incandescent grain of wheat bulbs, or use bright blue LEDs to simulate mercury lamps.  Wiring could be "sloppy" as cabling was temporary until walls and conduits were put up.

fisch330 posted:

Paul Fischer

From just a cursory look, Paul, there's a problem with cement mixer truck since it has dual headlamps which weren't on 1950's trucks. I do same era as you, '50's-'60's, and also wish it was more fitting for that era. Otherwise, I truly love it and wouldn't hesitate whatsoever buying!!! A big thank you to Menards.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.