Skip to main content

@Bill Sherry posted:

A little surprised here also.  Had to order one and check it out, only 200 being made and its only  $146.00.  They advertise $129.99 with the worthless rebate for those of us on east coast that would not be able to drop in to use the $16.00 rebate.  But still at $146.00 I gave it a shot.  I believe they showed a delivery date in July - lets see.    JP

You can always send it to a friend or OGR member that can use it. Their prices always seem fair and the rebate is a bonus. Know any seniors in "Menardsville" land? I'm sure they'd appreciate the gift.

Last edited by BobbyD
@Former Member posted:

Alrighty Bob... Do your duty and post up some close up pics and video.  Let's see how slow you can get it to crawl... Pop off the shell too and let's see it's innards!

If the loco can come close to a crawl, I would be ecstatic. Speed control is likely my favorite feature of legacy/dcs engines, so any bit of tweaking to provide smooth slow speed operation would be greatly appreciated.

@jim sutter posted:

Lets talk repair work. Who will do it? How long is the warranty good for? Will we be able to buy parts and do the repair work ourselves?

That is the sixty four thousand  dolor question.

A small issue. Guessing they have a plan. Do any TV's have a warranty after 30 or 60 days? Staples wouldn't even exchange an unused defective stapler of theirs received as a gift because we didn't have the receipt.

Last edited by BobbyD

Would be interesting to know if any of this came from K-Line tooling, can't wait to get mine for the open up  !

The details don't match up with a K-Line F-unit.

@jim sutter posted:

Lets talk repair work. Who will do it? How long is the warranty good for? Will we be able to buy parts and do the repair work ourselves?

I'm guessing refund/credit or exchange for defective units.  Functioning returned units to be placed in Menards Mystery Boxes.

Rusty

@Dick S posted:

It sounds good and is priced right.  I hope that they are successful.  But, I have 8 assorted Santa Fe F units already.  I have 10 Menards structures on the layout.  They make great stuff.   In any event, I wonder if it is new tooling or a redo of somebody else's.

I suspect old rail king tooling from before proto

I should have mine tomorrow or Wednesday so I will post my video review on my channel as soon as I can. I'm going to try and cover as much as possible and do some comparisons with my Legacy Santa Fe for sizing purposes.

Pretty excited for this new entry, I think Menards is on the right track (pun intended)

-Matt

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.