Skip to main content

@jim sutter posted:

I think a Pennsy in Tuscan red and Brunswick green would do great. How about a Baltimore and Ohio, Western  Maryland, New York Central, Chesapeake and Ohio and a New Haven for starters.

Im in for a DLGE PRR unit single stripe!

As long as the dimensions are correct for an EMD f unit, I'm in at even $150.00! Today you cant buy a new loco or many of its parts at that price. If it comes with 2 can motors and you want tmcc/dcs compatibility, nothing is stopping you from gutting the electronics and installing ERR/ DCS in it! For more details, there are lots of brass parts from psc, o Scale America, American models, P&D hobby shop, etc.

Last edited by prrhorseshoecurve
@Jim R. posted:

Read the time stamp on this thread. Mark the Menards Train Guy posted it here at about 9:30 a.m. EDT. That’s when the orders started.

Because I follow Mark on this forum and have opted to receive emails on everything he posts, I got an email notification of his post from OGR at 9:36 a.m. and completed my order 18 minutes later.

Same here. I’m on the west coast, but my bladder demanded I get up earlier than I wanted. Glad I did.

Steve

"I tried to order as soon as i got the email, but of course sold out... I would have been ordering online, but i think i saw on the website it was only sold in stores??"

"Only sold in stores" is what their web page defaults to when the sell out of somthing on line.  Everyone (all 200) who ordered one of these beta tester first batch of 200 ordered them online.

Unless these somehow turn out to be horrible failure that can not be fixed there will be more.

Amazing how fast some things can come and go.  3 hours to sell out 200 units.  Congrats to @Menards.  If the first criteria of your beta test was "will the established hobby community give it a try?", then I think you have a smashing success.  Looking forward to reviews and future road names.  you could not have picked a much better model to start with.

I applaud Menard's for again introducing a product that is priced and aimed at the entry-level O Scale/gauge modeler, and has some form of handheld control (although I can't find WHAT the Menard's handheld is, exactly).  The "other" companies' offerings are similar in price, with handheld control, but (I think) all have small, and only ONE motor.

These Menard's engines should hit a market for parents (and youth) who are tired of the limited pulling power, and (the resulting) motor failures of other "starter set" engines.

This is a really great offering.  I am sorry I missed it but I would like to echo some of the sentiments already written here.  

We have purchased a good amount of the rolling stock.  I am very pleased with the quality, value, and operation of all the cars we have purchased.  My eleven year old was very happy to outfit a couple of different road named trains with some decent consists.

I also think it is great for the hobby that Menard’s is trying their hand at power units.  I am looking forward to seeing some run videos real soon even though the Menardsville layout is pretty cool.  Thank you Menard’s!

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.