Skip to main content

trainroomgary posted:

My order states that it is shipped to guest.  You do not post an e-mail address and no response from customer service.   Did not receive package.

Can you look into this?     -    Thanks Gary   -   Red Owl Store & Free treck

No problem, Gary.

I looked up the order on the Menards "Order Tracker" as you have shown above.

Once I did that, I clicked on "Tracking Details" button and again on the green text "Trailer/Tracking #".

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 9.52.00 AM

Below is the status according to the tracking information. I hope that Helps!
-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 9.51.45 AM

Attachments

Images (2)
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 9.51.45 AM
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 9.52.00 AM

Gary,

My experience is variable.  If you click on the top "tracking details" you should get another screen that presents a tracking number.  Click on that.  You should see that is has moved from Eau Claire to a center in Michigan.  After that, you should see it's present location and anticipated arrival date.  If not, you'd better email the customer service folks.  As I'm sure you know, they are quite accommodating.

Their service seems to be an odd combination of USPS and FedEx.  I have had a few orders get stuck for a few days in one of the centers, but, rarely had to wait more than 8-9 days.  Most come within 4 or 5 days.  I live in Connecticut.

Jerry

Hi Mark and Jerry

Looks like the packaged started out with Fed-Ex, at MENARDS and was dropped off at my local USA Post Office.  I was un able to see these details,  Just showed, "Shipped in full to guessed"  This is causing "Chaos" I am the guessed. not my post office.

Mark / Why do you start off shipment with Fed-Ex and drop off at my local post office. Fed Ex and UPS are my neighborhood, every day.  I would prefer to go with UPS or Fed-Ex all the way and avoid my US Post Office.

Thanks - Gary   I will take a photo, when it shows up to myself,  "The Guessed".

Cheers from Train Room Gary Pan 2 View

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Cheers from Train Room Gary Pan 2 View
Last edited by trainroomgary
trainroomgary posted:

Hi Mark and Jerry

Looks like the packaged started out with Fed-Ex, at MENARDS and was dropped off at my local USA Post Office.  I was un able to see these details,  Just showed, "Shipped in full to guessed"  This is causing "Chaos" I am the guessed. not my post office.

Mark / Why do you start off shipment with Fed-Ex and drop off at my local post office. Fed Ex and UPS are my neighborhood, every day.  I would prefer to go with UPS or Fed-Ex all the way and avoid my US Post Office.

Thanks - Gary   I will take a photo, when it shows up to myself,  "The Guessed".

Gary,

I will admit that I have very little understanding of how the shipping aspect is handled but was able to obtain a little more information for you.

The cheapest "economy" shipping option is typically handed in a service called FedEx SmartPost. Through this service, FedEx takes your package the majority of the way but ultimately leaves packages at your local post office. The package will then leave the facility on normal delivery routes, which is a cheaper (less efficient) means of delivery.

We do have a FedEx Ground delivery option but it is a few dollars more expensive. If you choose this method of transportation, FedEx would deliver the package directly to your home.

FedEx  Smartpost is pretty common around here. FedEx and UPS both dislike rural delivery......drive 25 miles to drop off one package. So more and more the cheap way is mass shipping with one of the parcel services and hand off to local USPS. It's cheap but often slow. I'll watch the tracking on a package and it will sit in Grove City OH for 36 hours at times.  

But I'll take the slow if Menard's can keep shipping cheap. 

An issue with my order. Hi Mark the Menards Train Guy

I received the following e-mail from MENARDS......

1 MENARDS e-mail promtion

Placed order, "Shop Now" 

Received package: after some e-mail Chaos, 

2 MENARDS in box Red Owl3 MENARDS Red Owl out of box

Wow - Looks great. We have them in Yooper Land in northern Michigan. This photo is from the 60's but the new stores look just like the model.

Red Owl Grocery Foods Cedarville Michigan v2

Ran into a problem, does not work as advertised. In the e-mail, that I placed my order from.

The box states that you have to purchase , the following to run the lights. LED Lighting. "Requires 4.5 Volt adapter (Menards SKU#289-4005 or 289-4006, sold separately)".

Mark - Can you send me out one of these adapters?  The e-mail that I purchased this item from, did not mention anything about this adapter?  At you cost?

Thanks - Gary

Attachments

Images (4)
  • 1 MENARDS e-mail promtion
  • 2 MENARDS in box Red Owl
  • 3 MENARDS Red Owl out of box
  • Red Owl Grocery Foods Cedarville Michigan v2
trainroomgary posted:

Mark - Can you send me out one of these adapters?  The e-mail that I purchased this item from, did not mention anything about this adapter?  At you cost?

Thanks - Gary

I do not think power adapter is included with any buildings.   I do sympathize with not being able to illuminate just yet.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0
Bill_R posted:

Hi Mark (Menards Guy)

revived my Red Owl today,  the Red Owl animated sign is inoperative.  i checked the connector just in case it came loose in shipping still no luck.  should i return it to the store and have them order a new one ?  what is the best procedure. 

Bill_R,

The best contact for this would be guest@menard-inc.com. They will be able to exchange the building for you. Just keep me posted and I can try to speed the process along.

I apologize for the troubles!

Bill_R posted:

Hi Mark (Menards Guy)

revived my Red Owl today,  the Red Owl animated sign is inoperative.  i checked the connector just in case it came loose in shipping still no luck.  should i return it to the store and have them order a new one ?  what is the best procedure. 

CabinetBob mentioned  remove sign, correct loose wire to try.

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/t...rrived-with-pictures 

Hey  CabinetBob

I did just that.  even tried reversing the two pin connector just in case it was plugged in backwards also moved two conductor connector over one position on the three ribbon cable that connects to the sign just in case that was plugged in wrong.  nothing else I can do.  I would rather have fixed it myself just as you had.  I gave it my best shot.  no disappointment here as fixing things on the layout is part of the hobby. just sayin (:

Menards posted:
Bill_R posted:

Hi Mark (Menards Guy)

Bill_R,

The best contact for this would be guest@menard-inc.com. They will be able to exchange the building for you. Just keep me posted and I can try to speed the process along.

I apologize for the troubles!

What if you buy off eBay ?

Bill_R posted:

Hey  CabinetBob

I did just that.  even tried reversing the two pin connector just in case it was plugged in backwards also moved two conductor connector over one position on the three ribbon cable that connects to the sign just in case that was plugged in wrong.  nothing else I can do.  I would rather have fixed it myself just as you had.  I gave it my best shot.  no disappointment here as fixing things on the layout is part of the hobby. just sayin (:

Make sure you hit the button by the switch.it cycles the sign from off and on to all on.Bob

Bill_R posted:

Still  curious about this so called button. I don't even see it on side  profile pictures on Menards website .  I have other Menards buildings that have neon type signs that do have the button but not on red owl.  Can you post a picture of yours

Sorry, just looked at mine, it's a slider switch to change modes.. Bob

Hi Mark - The Menards Train Guy

Thanks for hitting me up with an e-mail.  Went to the Livonia, Michigan Store, went to the Guest Services, explain the issue about the 4.5 Volt Adaptor, She hit me up with a $3.00 off coupon and I told her that the train department was out of the adaptor. She paged the electrical department and a sales clerk walk me to the electrical department and handed me the 4.5 Volt Adaptor SKU 289-4005 and I was on my way.

Look forward to working with you and Menards on future toy train projects and home improvements.

MENARDS Red Owl Nov 18 2016MENARDS Receipt Nov 18 2016

Gary

Attachments

Images (2)
  • MENARDS Red Owl Nov 18 2016
  • MENARDS Receipt Nov 18 2016
Last edited by trainroomgary
Soo Line posted:

Are the Menards buildings plastic or wood construction?

I've yet to see one in person and there is no mention on line.

Thanks

Dave

The Power plant was mostly a nice laser cut AND engraved MDF type material. I've done some work with this type manufacturing and I'd rate theirs a A-. Details are of various materials. Only top end Woodland Senics buildings are in the same class......and as they are injected plastic they can mold in more details. Comparing the Menard's power plant to WS Morrison Door, about the same size, it's $99 vs $169 msrp. At that difference I'd buy the Power Plant. thx

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.