Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the input guys.

I just ordered 10 bulbs on the bay from a China firm, they look the same as someone else has for 4x the price and advertises AC/DC. I should have them in 9 days or so and will report back.

About 5 years ago I bought 2 LED 1145 replacement bulbs from a Carlisle, PA car show vendor to test them out with AC - still burning bright, I wish I kept the brand or vendor's name

UPDATE: I received the 10 screw base bulbs I ordered on the 'bay. They work like a charm. Just ordered 10 more from the same vendor as well as 10 bayonet based LED bulbs. $2.50 each when buying 10 or more. I put them in my street lights - with the tops on ya can't tell the diff between incandescent and LED

The original bulbs use 2W each, these only .6W. These 10 alone stopped the lighting overload on my lighting transformer (a ZW). the diff is great, 20W usage with the original  bulbs, only 6W with the LED's

1447 LED CLEAR

Email me if you want the vendor's info.

I'm still waiting for the shipment from China with cheap (.85 each) bulbs to see how they work, and if they will work, with AC current, their ad said DC only

Last edited by Lionelski

Updates:

I'm happy with the bulbs I bought, no more overloaded lighting ZW. The promised night time layout pics are in another post I made this morning; Warrenville at night.

Today I received the LED bulbs I ordered from China on the 'bay at 1/3rd the price (about .89 cents each). These were advertised as DC only. That said I have been running a test with a Lionel AC transformer for over an hour so far and still burning bright: IMG_0739

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_0739
Last edited by Lionelski

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.