Skip to main content

I just saw a video of this engine running on Facebook and the whistle sounded different than mine.  Mine sounds more like a banshee whistle than a "regular" whistle.  Those who have this engine, can you confirm?  I'm assuming you can't change the tone of it.  I'm at work now and the engine is packed away and won't be running until Christmas time.

Thank you.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The last release of the J1a back in 2019 had a banshee whistle which many on the forum complained about.  It was stated that the whistle was incorrect.  The prior version 11300 and 11301 released awhile back had a whistle that everyone liked.  The 2019 version you cannot change the whistle.  Lionel did not have the 5 whistle option back then.  If your version is the 11300 or 11301, your whistle will be different.

@Joe Fermani posted:

The last release of the J1a back in 2019 had a banshee whistle which many on the forum complained about.  It was stated that the whistle was incorrect.  The prior version 11300 and 11301 released awhile back had a whistle that everyone liked.  The 2019 version you cannot change the whistle.  Lionel did not have the 5 whistle option back then.  If your version is the 11300 or 11301, your whistle will be different.

That makes sense.  Thanks for the guidance on that!

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.