Skip to main content

Ok, video attachment shows my 1938 whistle tender. It's metal, fan driven whistle. It's very simple. Fan spins, whistle blows. But it won't whistle....What could be wrong??!!!  It's not losing air, the paper inside is clean and I added a bead of silicone to the edge so it's tight. I'm using a 6-5906 whistle button and the fan spins great but no whistle. You can see the unit is not bent/dammaged.  Does it have to be moving? I don't think so.    Any ideas??What the hell, it's like blowing into a bottle. 

thanks for any help including the number of this tender. I do not have the locomotive that goes with it.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_0694
Videos (1)
IMG_0693_HEVC
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks guys, I know it should be that easy that's why it's frustrating me for days now.  I had the cylinder open to check the paper (because it wouldn't whistle. the cylinder was clear, paper was good. I added silicone just to make sure it wasn't leaking air. Should whistle, right? You'd think so. I've also reved that transformer up and still no toot. I even made sure the fan was spinning in the right direction (derp).  It's not dammaged as you can see from the picture, the triangled piece is in place and nothing is twisted.  So if it's nothing mecanical, I'll keep poking at it.......hhmmmmm maybe take out the fan and blow some compressed air from the can of compressed air cleaner see if a sharp direct blast from the straw will wake it up.  I'll keep you posted..

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.