Skip to main content

Today I should finish the track on my granddaughters 4x8. I have a couple of questions about control. Rather than use a separate transformer and TIU could I run  20' of wire from my layout to hers and operate it from my transformer and TIU?  She has 2 PS3 diesels and I'm pretty sure would like to be able to use a lot of whats available instead of just forward and reverse.

She prefers the handheld remote to using a tablet so the second question is can the DCS remote be used at the same time as a tablet? If not can 2 tablets be used at the same time?

I'm trying to avoid buying a second TIU for something she may loose interest in tomorrow at age 9.

Thanks

joe

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Joe,

Rather than use a separate transformer and TIU could I run  20' of wire from my layout to hers and operate it from my transformer and TIU?

I suggest that, if at all possible, just use a different TIU channel to operate the 2nd layout. The 20' wire run should not present a problem using 16 gauge or greater wire.

She prefers the handheld remote to using a tablet so the second question is can the DCS remote be used at the same time as a tablet? If not can 2 tablets be used at the same time?

You can most certainly use any number of DCS Remotes and smart devices (iOS or Android) simultaneously. Just be sure to assign different DCS ID#'s to her engines.

DCS Book CoverThis and a whole lot more is all in “The DCS Companion 3rd Edition!"

This book is available from many fine OGR advertisers and forum sponsors, or as an eBook or a printed book at OGR’s web store!

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.