Skip to main content

Hey sports fans...  I just picked up about 30 Atlas USRA 2 bay hopper cars...older ones .  I just mention this cause for my money, the Atlas 2 bay  USRA hoppers are some of the nicest cars u can get in 2 rail these days.  (Also the 8000 gallon tank cars)  The roads I got are CNJ, Montour (black), Public Service of NJ, L&N, Pere Marquette, Rutland, MoPac, and Im probably forgetting one.  We also have a few SP left, Nevada Northern, Ford, and 1 or 2 others.  As soon as its possible, we are going to get the LNE and Erie ones on the way.  If anyones interested, they are all on the website.  

H21a's are really nice too, but all I have left are the ones from the last Atlas run (actually I have a case of PRR circle keystone ones here (-17, 18, 19, and 20)  Someone wants me to change them to 3 rail...but if someone wants them in 2 rail...id just assume save the time in changing them over.

Lionel USRA hoppers are on the way here, so I'll see what they look like soon.  The GLa's look nice, but I havent looked that hard.  I've got the PRR ciecle keystones, the yellow m/w ones (I think) and the my fav, the Berwind ones.  Unfortunately, they are only avbl in 3 rail.  Lionel keeps talking about "easy to convert".  Convert using what?   The conversion kits they keep talking about. I have yet to see one.

Speaking of 3 rail to 2 rail conversions, I am selling the new Lionel B60's and 60' RPO's converted to 2 rail. Lionel didnt change the cars at all, so I can use the weaver 2rail trucks I have here.  Same for the freight cars.  Right now I have enough Weaver 2 rail trucks to do conversions of the "LionScale"  (former weaver freight cars), but not that many sets.

And speaking of tank cars...If u like black tank cars (like they are supposed to be) , we have some of the NATX, and our UTLX ones still here. And, well they're not solid black, our special run of Flying A tank cars is here too. Everyone remembers flying A gas.  haha.  We have 2 versions...Associated Oil (thats where the A comes from!!!), and Tidewater oil, who bought out Associated in the late 1920's.  Associated was a COOP based in Bakersfield CA.  Tidewater was based in New York City, and controlled by Standard Oil of NJ.  I've been threatening to do the Atlas 8000 gallon tank car in GATX...just to get another all black version available.

Thanks for reading.    This is my idea of relaxing.  OK,  its not my ONLY idea of relaxing.  

Last edited by Beth Marshall-The Public Delivery Track
Original Post

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.