Skip to main content

hi I'm looking for the harness that goes threw the cars to the zephyr set as the last car has a motor in it but does not run. anyone have any ideas for the part number or where I can purchase the harness. trying to find out if they still are available for an older set and with part number I can call MTH unless someone else has them!

any help would be appreciated

Alan

Last edited by Alan Mancus
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Alan, Paul and George made good points.  Always chase wires first with a continuity meter.   A great many of the repairs today usually get fixed by chasing the wires with your meter and locate the issue.  A bad wire (cold solder joint) or burned trace can usually be repaired.   Throwing new parts at an engine does not always end the problem.   A few engines exist in the field that have real nasty traces on the motherboard.    You are usually better served to hard wire the traces than to replace the motherboard.

Last edited by Marty Fitzhenry

hi Marty  here are the pictures of the damaged frayed or you might say split looks like the wires could be pinched or cut somebody did not know what  they were doing! and they installed wrong  battery. relay wont click on power up if battery is connected. will have to replace board also! traces look ok on the trucks but this ten pin harness does not look good. mth says I will have to send them picture if I need it for them to match up the harness if needed.                                                                                            Alan 

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_1363: look near the back of the connector wire split
  • IMG_1364

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.