Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by SGMA1:
Am I the only one who is furious that there is NO Standard Gauge 2012 TCA National Convention car? That is REALLY lame!!

I would conclude TCA Cars are not as popular and saleable...particularly the SG Cars...I buy these for 10 cents on the Dollar at AUCTION!!! TCA priced themselves out of business on these cars with the OUTRAGEOUS PRICING, especially in light of LCCA and LOTS producing more prototypical cars. I like the CALIFORNIA car BUT why not wait til you buy one, and your significant other sends it to AUCTION after your demise???
quote:
If convention cars are going to be offered, they should be offered for all of the major scales collected by the TCA membership.

I was going to open that can of worms earlier myself but it's a tough one. Some scales are going to be more profitable than others and the Nationals are having a hard time getting by financially as is... however I agree with you - they should still get done. The vast majority are custom repaints of existing hardware. There is a cost involved sure - nothing is free, but it is a National which carries historical value.

I just received mine... found it on the front porch with the welcome mat draped over it -- way to go FedEX:  THAT doesn't arouse any suspicion.    (I'm pretty sure I instructed them to deliver it to my work address... but at least I got it.)

Overall, I'm pretty impressed -- I can only hope they'll produce something similar for the O gauge tinplate line-up soon.

That's a nice looking car. I almost ordered one but I've got too much new Standard Gauge stuff already, plus a storage space problem. 

I agree with Ron about TCA pricing itself out of the market with the annual convention cars. Most of what I see from the TCA is really unappealing (as in "I wouldn't want THAT on my layout if it was FREE!) and the few items I like seem to be a lot more money than I normally pay for equivalent quality. A few years ago I made the mistake of biting on the TCA's "anniversary mystery accessory" and it was just an overpriced train order building, nothing special at all. Since then I have cast a very jaundiced eye on TCA special editions and bought very little. 

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.