Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by NotInWI:

The lack of the V2 catalog is surprising to me, especially since MTH does, what, 3 O gauge catalogs a year?  Hey Lionel, don't forget about the UP KATY and WP SD70ACe's!

Ben 

Ben...I'll second the Katy SD70ACe! More than likely Lionel wanted to strike while the iron was hot on the NS heritage units to the detriment of Katy and WP fans patiently waiting for their own SD70ACe.

I have contacted Lionel with the request to not forget to offer the balance of UP heritage engines in S scale. They replied positively but I think a deluge of emails would go a long way to motivating them. Squeaky wheels get oiled.

Mark

Originally Posted by Train485:

New member just tried to order from new catalog at Charlie's ro. I was told I could not order until 2014???? Why even put out a catalog this year!!!! 

Huh???    Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  Who did you talk to you there?

Charlie has his pre-order pricing PDF already posted for the latest Lionel 2013 Signature Catalog... along with other goodies like the Lionel Corporation Tinplate (which is actually produced by MTH).  Most of this stuff is also listed for ordering online as well through their website.

You might want to check in with them again... and make it clear this time that you're interested in ordering from the 2013 catalog.   Better yet... Just order by product number, and everything will sort itself out.  In-stock items will ship now, and the new stuff not yet produced will be placed on back-order for you. 

David

Hi guy's,

Never saw an catalog that offered a product (new) without pricing. Should have know better. Why order something without knowing the price? Lionel did mention that some of these offerings were not available until 2014-15-16, who knows.

Then again, I'm waiting for the defender set I ordered 3 years ago to be delivered. I need to stop in at Ro's to see what is going on. Love to see this stuff made back in the states, maybe the delivery would be shorter.

John

Hi guy's,

Never saw an catalog that offered a product (new) without pricing. Should have know better. Why order something without knowing the price? Lionel did mention that some of these offerings were not available until 2014-15-16, who knows.

In other words, they haven't nailed down the tooling, material and labor costs for the Flyer Berk yet, but wanted to show that something new is coming.  And maybe do some trolling for interest.

Rusty

It's going to be interesting to see how Lionel handles the Berkshire in general.  I'm hoping it will at least not be a miniaturized Berk. (My eye keeps roving over to the NKP freight set.)  The old Flyer Northern could handle 20" radius curves and so far, everything else "scale sized" will too.

Hopefully, we'll begin to see some samples by the fall. 

Rusty

Rusty,

I'm spoiled now. All except the northern have TMCC or Legercy control. It would be nice to see the new Berk have the same offerings. But then again, any good looking operational Berk. is Okay with me. Maybe in the future they will offer just the Berk. with the goodies if the plan is still a starter set next year.

Seeing these are going to be in "gateway" trainsets, I would expect these things to be fairly basic.  These are supposed to entice new folks into S after all, plus there's still a lot of Flyer guys that run conventional.  My only concern is that it might be selectively compressed when it doesn't need to be. 

We'll just have to wait and see.  I'm used to it.

A full scale Berkshire with all the bells and whistles would be great, especially if it could be converted to scale wheels like the Y3.  Maybe there's one hiding behind the curtain, maybe not.

Rusty

Good Day Andrew,

That's great news. I have always liked reviewing a new Lionel catalog! 

Regards,
Frank 

Originally Posted by falconservice:

There will be a catalog in October 2013 from Lionel.

It will be called a 2014 catalog.

The next Lionel catalog will contain items that have a 2014 delivery date.

Andrew

I would like Lionel, and the other manufacturers, to publicly say what their catalog policies are.  I need to know whether they will have one or two catalogs a year and when they will be released.  I also need to know if they will have special introduction/releases.

If I understand their plans then I can make safer purchase decisions.  When Lionel would come out with two catalogs a year, plus special introductions, I was always nervous about buying something because I was afraid something better might come and I had already spent my budget for the year.  I am certain that the manufacturers don't want me to hold onto my money waiting for something that may never come.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.