Skip to main content

Hello All,

Here are our prices for the 2017 Lionel Signature Edition Volume 1, Ready-to-Run, American Flyer, & Christmas catalogs.  All four of the catalogs are available for pre-orders on our website.  See the links below to each.  The pre-order period ends at the end of February. Please note that Lionel has established MAP pricing on a lot of their new production. To help offset these increases we will include Free Shipping with all BTO engines. Please note we will adjust the shipping on our end. When you place your order online it will show the shipping but we will remove it on our end. We offer the best prices in the industry and will match any other dealers' pricing and offer you the best customer service in the industry. Please feel free to call the store to discuss the new pricing at 304-232-0714.

Lionel 2017 Signature Edition Volume 1 Catalog Pre-Order

Lionel 2017 Christmas Catalog Pre-Order

Lionel 2017 American Flyer Pre-Order

Lionel 2017 Ready-to-Run Pre-Order

Thanks,

Pat

PATRICK'S TRAINS
142 29TH STREET
WHEELING WV 26003
304-232-0714

Attachments

Last edited by PATSTRAINS
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Fridge56Vet posted:

Have you set the cutoff date for the preorder pricing yet?  There are some things I'd like to order, but we just had a little girl, so need to see the hospital bills first.... Thanks.

You will have till the end of Feb. 2017.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl.

Thanks

Pat

PATSTRAINS posted:

Please note Lionel has issued MAP pricing on a lot of the new items in the catalog. Please feel free to call the store to discuss the new pricing.

Hey Pat, I'll be giving you a call tomorrow to discuss.  (I'd call tonight, but it's already 8:30PM!!!)  You had some really aggressive prices on some of the new stuff -- good enough that I thought I'd pre-order a Shay or two.  But not at the newly listed prices on your website... which are right on top of everyone else's.  If those are the new prices, I'll just take my chances on dealer sales after delivery.  Even the free shipping doesn't make up for the difference in prices you originally posted vs. Lionel's new MAP's.

Candidly speaking, Lionel lost the right to be issuing MAP guidelines across the board to its dealers, after they offloaded the risk of holding BTO inventory to their dealer/distributor network.  And if I were a dealer, I'd tell the suits at Lionel what they can do with their MAP prices.

David

jojofry posted:

What does map stand for ? Manufacture adjusted pricing?

Minimum Advertised Pricing.

See my post above as to what I think about Lionel and MAP pricing.  Technically, it doesn't mean a dealer MUST sell at that price.  (The actual sale-price is strictly between the dealer and the client.)  But MAP typically means the dealer can't advertise or post web-site prices less than MAP.

David

Last edited by Rocky Mountaineer
jojofry posted:

Wow you serious there gonna dictate everything.  ...

I've noticed a couple of dealers now posting here to "call the store" for the best pre-order prices.  So you can read into that what you will.  

However, where it reeks the most havoc is with direct online ordering.  Not all websites are equipped to handle the typical work-arounds to sell at less-than-MAP prices.  The two I'm most familiar with are:

• Items are listed at MAP, but buyers can click an "add to cart" button... after which they can view the cart to see the real sales price.
  • Buyers can enter a special coupon code -- usually sent to them in an email, that then "reveals" the actual sales price when viewing the cart or upon checking out.

Failing those two routes, there's always the old-fashioned, tried-and-true method of CALLING with the telephone! 

Again, the whole idea with MAP is no given dealer gets to blatantly advertise below MAP.  But there are definitely ways a dealer can SELL products below MAP.  After all, it's THEIR business to run however they want -- not the manufacturer's or importer's.

David

Last edited by Rocky Mountaineer

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.