Skip to main content

Now that the new volume 2 catalog is out, let's see what custom runs are going to be offered. Legacy Station has offered 3 custom runs so far!

Preorder Lionel 2433810 the United States Space Force ™ SD70 Exclusive Officially Licensed- Special Run
https://www.legacystation.com/...ace-force-sd70-26626
2333710a-legacy-station-space-force-sd70acenight2020_1.jpg

Preorder 2023 v2 Lionel 2433800 Memphis Belle Legacy SD70Ace Special Run-Licensed
https://www.legacystation.com/...his-belle-sd70-26627

blank_sd70-_memphis_belle_1.jpg

Preorder Lionel 2426600 Ben's Trains Boxcar- Special Run
https://www.legacystation.com/...-trains-boxcar-18407

bens_trains2.png

Attachments

Images (3)
  • 2333710a-legacy-station-space-force-sd70acenight2020_1.jpg
  • blank_sd70-_memphis_belle_1.jpg
  • bens_trains2.png
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Not bad for a Vol. 2 catalog.  I already have the M1a, so I think I can live without the M1, but the F-19's are pretty enticing.  They sort of have that front end that is cool and ugly at the same time, lol.

Other than that, nothing for me out of this one.  I think I am good until 2024 catalog.  Still have to pay for the Strasburg 90 and Dreyfuss Hudson when they come in. 

I was still hoping to see the Nevada Southern Railway Museum do a custom UP #844 GP30, the museum's generator boxcar (scale-sized, of course) with generator sounds, the passenger train, and the caboose. I would like the locomotive to be made, at least. The UP #844 GP30 would be equipped with front and rear ditch lights and class lights. The UP gray paint would need to be a lighter shade to match the real loco. By the way, UP GP30 #844 was the locomotive I got to operate at the museum for my birthday, which was way cool! That's why I want the engine on my layout.

RHere is my dream custom Lionel diesel...

A LC+2 GP7 for the US Navy (battleship gray), USS Hornet CV-8 markings, she launched Doolittle's Raid, present at Midway and Guadalcanal and served until eventual sinking by the Japanese Navy. She was one of our best during WWII.

Any Navy personnel out there to help get her launched once again? I did send a message to Stu at METCA.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • R
Last edited by das boot
@PEBCAK2015 posted:

Shockingly (to myself) this catalog busted my wallet (or is going to) in a big way.  Empire Builder was a must for me as I model mainly the Great Northern.  The whole set pre-ordered...ugh.   Also ordered the CB&Q Consolidation and some box cars.  will be nearly $5k when all said and done with....what have I done!  LOL

This is the most brutal year I have ever faced.  (1) I have been waiting on the Big Boy (Cat. 1) (2) I am a HUGE Dickens Christmas Carol fan so the Fezziwig set was a must, (3) I had to snag the GN switcher.  I was in a cold sweat.  Really??? A Northern Pacific Mallet?  The GN Empire Builder?? A SF Blue Bonnet??  I am passing on the Blue Bonnet and the FEF-3’s and the Aux tenders for UP.  I have never seen a release more tailored to me.

I really like and ordered the new F-19 Halloween Pacific.  Dave has said they are investing in new sound effects and the whole look of this engine and tender is fantastic.  It looks really spooky with the black and burnt orange trim.  The chrome work on the front hints of candelabras ghosting down the track. I feel the pricing is fair in these inflationary times. Halloween and Christmas are the high points for use of our train system and we have purchased and created many custom cars over the last seven years.

Mr. Muffin added "Delaware & Hudson" Alco S-2 #3021 to the custom run list. The current #3021 is actually an ex-Army S-2 in disguise as a Delaware & Hudson engine, owned by Raven Rail and in use on the Saratoga, Corinth, & Hudson Railway in New York. It was also used in freight service on the Batten Kill Railroad.

I posted some prototype photos I took over on Mr. Muffins own thread:

Announcing the Lionel Custom Runs from 2023V2 Catalog for MrMuffin'sTrains - (for images, follow the links) | O Gauge Railroading On Line Forum (ogaugerr.com)

Funnily enough, this is the same locomotive as Staten Island 821 in the normal catalog. After being sold off by the MTA (2010?) it went to the Upper Hudson River Railroad as their 821, then to the Saratoga & North Creek and repainted as "Delaware & Hudson" 821 in 2012, and then purchased by Raven Rail and renumbered 3021 in 2021.

~Chris

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.